Need some guidance after a rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burgs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2017 ram, rebuilt motor with an el chapo cam. Needless to say after the base tuning was finally “completed” she will start but doesn’t keep running, found out she was flooding the plugs. I am not a mechanical genius by any means, and I only assisted on the rebuild. What should I do next? The person who was assisting me on the rebuild is no longer available so any guidance would be helpful.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What was done to the engine, lower end rebuilt, valve job, cam& lifters replaced, VVT phaser replaced, along W timing components, MDS delete kit W programmer, why was it rebuilt, did it eat up a lifter sending metal into the vvt solenoid, was the intake plenum replaced.

OP
OP
Burgs

Burgs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here’s what I know.
I was coming up a hill, loss of power with what sounded like hard knocking thought I had thrown a rod) took it and pulled motor.
Replaced: cam, lifters, push rods, exhaust manifolds, mds delete kit installed (not sure on programmer).
Valves were cleaned along with heads and new plugs installed.
Never got a final answer on what was wrong. So that I do not know. Sorry if that’s too vague of information