Need sound system input ASAP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I am wanting to get my sound system ordered tomorrow morning that way it can ship as soon as possible. I would really appreciate anyone looking over my setup and giving their opinions. I will not be running an amp (yet) but am hoping this head will put out good power. I am just wanting a clean sounding system. Subs will be coming later. And what modifications will I need to make to fit the 6x9s up front and the 6.5s in the rear? And lastly, where can I find a single din install kit for a 2008 dodge ram 2500

Here are the parts I'm planning on ordering:
Head unit: Amazon.com: Kenwood KDC-BT318U CD Receiver with Built-in BluetoothKDCBT318U: Car Electronics
Speakers: Amazon.com : Polk Audio DB691 6-by-9-Inch 3-Way Speakers (Pair, Silver) : Vehicle Speakers : Car Electronics
Amazon.com : Polk Audio DB651 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers : Vehicle Speakers : Car Electronics

Opinions? Am I leaving anything out? Any help is MUCH appreciated

dmacell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 supercharged at 10psi
I installed the kenwood 555 in my truck for the phone functions.
Used the same size kicker speakers. Later i put in a 450watt kicker sub. The head unit is nice for the highs and mids but doesnt have enough kick for the bass. Before i installed the sub it would rattle my doors if i turned it up. Now the sound is a bit cleaner.
Don't forget the antenna adapter and face plate adapter. Mine came free because i used Crutchfield. So i wouldnt know where to getem. I think i had to drill holes for the rear speakers.
Good luck!

OP
OP
FancyStancy

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I installed the kenwood 555 in my truck for the phone functions.
Used the same size kicker speakers. Later i put in a 450watt kicker sub. The head unit is nice for the highs and mids but doesnt have enough kick for the bass. Before i installed the sub it would rattle my doors if i turned it up. Now the sound is a bit cleaner.
Don't forget the antenna adapter and face plate adapter. Mine came free because i used Crutchfield. So i wouldnt know where to getem. I think i had to drill holes for the rear speakers.
Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I might just order my stuff from crutch field. And to make the 6.5s fit in the rear all I will have to do is drill some holes and run some self tappers?

dmacell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 supercharged at 10psi
Pretty much the speakers fit. The mounting holes just didn't line up. I used one of the original holes to hold it in place and drilled out the other two. Self taping screws made it quick and easy.
Crutchfield is nice especially when they send you everything you need and a spec sheet to follow for installation.
Do yourself a favor and solder all your connections to avoid any future issues. With the harness adapter they send you it can all be done prior to the install.

OP
OP
FancyStancy

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Pretty much the speakers fit. The mounting holes just didn't line up. I used one of the original holes to hold it in place and drilled out the other two. Self taping screws made it quick and easy.
Crutchfield is nice especially when they send you everything you need and a spec sheet to follow for installation.
Do yourself a favor and solder all your connections to avoid any future issues. With the harness adapter they send you it can all be done prior to the install.

sorry for the late response but thank you very much for all the help. looking forward to getting everything installed