Need to do brakes. I have ebc yellow pads, what rotors to get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Millnoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 14' 2500 is in need of rotors. I already bought ebc yellow pads, and realised the rotors are getting a little thin. I tow a 5k lb sled trailer in the winter and a 10k lb 5th wheel in the summer. Factory brakes worked fine, but better is well better lol. Just put factory rotors in or are there better options that dont brake the bank?

Thanks,
Jesse

Halligan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm in a similar boat. I have new PowerStop pads sitting in my garage. My factory pads still have a lot of life left but I want a better performing pad. Plus my brakes squeal like crazy.

I'm leaning toward getting new Mopar rotors as they are probably the best quality you'll get. I'm not interested in fancy slotted or drilled rotors and I hear all the auto parts store rotors are crap these days.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I just put yellow stuff pads on mine, i read somewhere from ebc the yellow especially like to be mated to a new surfaced rotor, I reallllly wanted ebc rotors but my wish list is to long to drop the cash on those yet, but they were first choice. I did change from factory to Powerstop z36 rotors, drilled and slotted. Only complaint is the z36 rotors are already rusted on the outer perimeter surfaces, where the cooling air enters the rotor. About a year on the front set. Garaged and washed way to much, CO uses mag chloride (I believe) on the street, so maybe that was a contributor but aside from that, bang, the yellow and z36 stop my wagon like no other brake I've ever run.
The z36 is the least expensive performance oriented rotors I found, and you have a choice of smooth or slotted..
Do follow the instructions for bedding the pads, the procedure kinda sucked, I guess I would mark that as a negative. Drive gently for 200 miles (??) Then 65mph to 10mph as hard as you can 10 times - not my style. I made it six times, and that was enough of that crap, but now my favorite.
I still want ebc rotors next time but extremely happy w current setup, especially for the price.

'16 Wagon Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd 5.13 AAM, 37" KM3, -12mm Fuels Thuren Overland, DOR, Purple Cranium CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 z36, EBC Custom vinyl AVS, 4% tint Morimoto, Rigid, Diode Dynamics AlfaOBD, Diablo, Nanny Kill, Locker bypass .................

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
R-1 Concepts drilled and slotted!
They are INCREDIBLE brakes!!!
I've been running them for a year now... through Wisconsin winter, and they look like the day I installed them!!
Hit up [email protected] he will get you one hell of a deal!!

OP
OP
M

Millnoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had to have my mopar rotors replaced after a caliper froze under warranty. They have 2 diff ones, oem, and then cheaper versions- that's what they replaced my stock ones with. And withing 10k mi they were pulsing when braking.

I'm looking at going with power stop drilled and slotted rotors, maybe I'll just go with there whole z36 kit?

I'm also a little worried about quality with the rotors, but who know...

Richard Kim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had the EBC rotors (RK Series) for 15K miles and absolutely no complaints. They are not slotted or drilled. No surface rust anywhere and no pulsing. Very high quality.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
EDC Extra Duty pads and GD rotors. My only gripe with EDC is they are very difficult to bed.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Interesting. I have EBC Extra Duty pads on Brake Performance dimpled and slotted rotors. No issues bedding in the pads. I followed EBC's procedure to a T. I do love those pads. I frequently tow a 13,000 LB trailer 25 - 30 weekends a year. The EBC pads provide way more stopping power than the OEM pads and I have not had any issue with fading. Never a squeak or squeal. They do make more dust than ceramic pads but I will take over poor braking any day. OEM pads on OEM rotors did not instill confidence when towing.