New Audio Upgrades from Kicker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got it, I just grabbed another tapping connector I had in the garage and tapped into the 2nd Grey wire w/ brown strip and it came alive!

Im going to have to figure out a mounting solution for the kicker amp though

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I got it, I just grabbed another tapping connector I had in the garage and tapped into the 2nd Grey wire w/ brown strip and it came alive!

Im going to have to figure out a mounting solution for the kicker amp though

Glad i's fixed, when you do, can you send me pics of the amp installation probelms. Our R&D guys said it would mount fine, guess they need to take a closer look.

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad i's fixed, when you do, can you send me pics of the amp installation probelms. Our R&D guys said it would mount fine, guess they need to take a closer look.

Yeah I can definitely take some pics.
PM me an email address I can send the pics too

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I emailed you 2 pictures, theyre cell phone (Galaxy S5) pictures so I hope they work for you.
If not I can definitely take more.

Edit: For those who care or are wondering...
Im having fitment issues with the Kicker Amp, due to some factory box underneath my driver's seat.

Last edited:

Batram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I emailed you 2 pictures, theyre cell phone (Galaxy S5) pictures so I hope they work for you.

Im having fitment issues with the Kicker Amp, due to some factory box underneath my driver's seat.

I'm very curious about this. I have a '13 with heated/cooled seats as well and I'm definitely interested in getting this setup.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small

You are the man, thank you...I immediately showed it to John, and he is headed to the local dealer. You are correct, the mounting bracket with heated/cooled seats may need adjusted. I am out until Wednesday after today, will follow back up with you. We do care about this issue, and thank you for bringing it to our attention! :)

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow great service right there!

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow great service right there!

Indeed, Im impressed.

In the past I never considered Kicker... It was Always MB Quart (before they were bought out), Alpine, Image Dynamics, HAT, etc.

But with the customer service Im sold. I think I may be upgrading my speakers to Kicker

whitetrashmo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Is there a fix for the 2014 2500 kicker system yet last I knew there were harness issues. I gonna need some better beats in my new power wagon when it comes in.

whitetrashmo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Hey Graygoose does kicker have the connector solution for the 13 and up model year trucks yet.I am wanting to install the complete kicker package in my 2014 power wagon. I was told the amp for the front stage speakers was not compatible i have the 5.0 radio.

mouth666

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just ordered the sub and ks35's. Got the sub at hifisoundconnection at a accepted offer of $418 and the ks35 and aadapters were only $56 total on amazon. So I'll leave a opinion soon on this fairly cheap upgrade.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Indeed, Im impressed.

In the past I never considered Kicker... It was Always MB Quart (before they were bought out), Alpine, Image Dynamics, HAT, etc.

But with the customer service Im sold. I think I may be upgrading my speakers to Kicker
Thanks man, and it's great customers like you that help us in the field! :)

Hey Graygoose does kicker have the connector solution for the 13 and up model year trucks yet.I am wanting to install the complete kicker package in my 2014 power wagon. I was told the amp for the front stage speakers was not compatible i have the 5.0 radio.
Not yet, but you can upgrade the front with the Mopar upgrade speakers, that will make a huge change alone!

mouth666

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
got all of it installed today and for the money am happy with the results on just changing the sub and dash speakers. if the sub does get better after 10-12 hours i cant wait .

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
got all of it installed today and for the money am happy with the results on just changing the sub and dash speakers. if the sub does get better after 10-12 hours i cant wait .

Great feedback, thank you.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Moe: I'm fixing to pull the plug on the Kicker Dash speakers. I was curious if the Kickers made any difference in sound?

I will not replace the 8" Head Unit in my new Ram-->But I am upgrading all the speakers.

I am also curious about the Front and Rear door speakers. Crutchfield shows 5 1/4 & 6 1/2 speaker size. The speaker covers look like 6x9. Any advice on this matter would be appreciated. I will probably go with all Kicker.... I like the Price and Performance.

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Moe: I'm fixing to pull the plug on the Kicker Dash speakers. I was curious if the Kickers made any difference in sound?

I will not replace the 8" Head Unit in my new Ram-->But I am upgrading all the speakers.

I am also curious about the Front and Rear door speakers. Crutchfield shows 5 1/4 & 6 1/2 speaker size. The speaker covers look like 6x9. Any advice on this matter would be appreciated. I will probably go with all Kicker.... I like the Price and Performance.

Look at the Kicker Mopar packages, they are direct fit, plug and play, and made to fit exactly in the doors and dash. And yes, they are all 6x9's, and 3.5" in dash.

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ram/Mopar-Dodge-Ram-Kicker-Speaker-Upgrade-Kit-PRD26618.aspx

mouth666

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Okay I love the way this sub sounds. But every once in awhile the sub makes a off tone like distortion etc. The tone of the sub doesn't hit like it normally does. More like muffled sounding. I quickly checked all connections and the amp light never goes out so I know the ground is good. I think I'm going to soldier the sub input joints under the dash. I'm a electrician and I hadn't ever used a t tap before and the more I think about it and read all over they are crap I think i will have to eliminate them all together. Anyone else have issues with them?

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't had that problem with mine, it's been in for about a month. I love the sub too...I feel it is finally broken in and sounding really good. My 4 year old son loves it..lol.

Bighorn1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How would you rate the sound with the kicker box on a scale of 1-10. I have the 8.4a base audio and would give this stock setup about a 6.5 or 7 for comparison purposes.