New Audio Upgrades from Kicker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well after reading 53 pages im still no further ahead...Seems the sub upgrade is the only thing that has a 100% positive result yet some seek more..Door and dash speakers have been posted with different ohm and brands..Im soooo lost....Guess till i see more me and my 2016 sport with alpine will stay as is but it needs more upmh for sure..

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Well after reading 53 pages im still no further ahead...Seems the sub upgrade is the only thing that has a 100% positive result yet some seek more..Door and dash speakers have been posted with different ohm and brands..Im soooo lost....Guess till i see more me and my 2016 sport with alpine will stay as is but it needs more upmh for sure..

With your Alpine system, the sub can be upgraded which adds more cone area and more power. Nothing for the front amp though.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tks Grey...Even though the alpine doesnt sound bad it could have more crispness and i wish the eq had more adjustment..I dont know enought about it all but my ears a not thrilled with what i paid a lil extra for..Now i sorta wished i didnt have the big screen with all the built in ctrls so it would be easier to upgrade my system.....I miss the big sounds i had in my 2010..

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Even with the 8.4 you can upgrade sounds. I've heard mixed emotions on the Alpine system.

badzdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive had the SRAMCQ09 in for over a month and have taken a few long road trips with it. I'm still really perplexed by it and wondering if I installed it correctly. Its on, it plays music, but the problem I'm having is that i have to turn the volume up to about 20 to hear much of anything of it. And once its that high the Kickers I replaced in the dash and doors are either just too loud or are being pushed pretty hard and starting to distort if I'm listening to something very bassy.
There are some songs it has bass and others its like hearing another 6.5 or 6x9 just behind me. Is anyone else having this problem?
Did I hook something up wrong?
Help me GreyGoose your my only hope lol

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Do you have a good solid ground by the steering wheel? I noticed that when I ground down (to expose more metal) the factory grounding points the speaker sounded better.

It sounded good before that, but punchier after...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Ive had the SRAMCQ09 in for over a month and have taken a few long road trips with it. I'm still really perplexed by it and wondering if I installed it correctly. Its on, it plays music, but the problem I'm having is that i have to turn the volume up to about 20 to hear much of anything of it. And once its that high the Kickers I replaced in the dash and doors are either just too loud or are being pushed pretty hard and starting to distort if I'm listening to something very bassy.
There are some songs it has bass and others its like hearing another 6.5 or 6x9 just behind me. Is anyone else having this problem?

PM me your number, I can have someone call you.

Last edited:

Cincil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi Sport

No disrespect to the Kicker brand at all but I'm enduring the same problem. I had the Mopar upgrade and changed them out (the sound was ok, no real complaints.) with the memphis audio power reference line and the difference is very noticeable. The problem I have now is with the SRAMCQ09. I've placed polyfill in the box as suggested and it still sounds awkward to me. GreyGoose I would appreciate any suggestions you have as well

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
First check your grounds. Then consider the Big 3 audio upgrade or some portion of it (grounds only).

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
No disrespect to the Kicker brand at all but I'm enduring the same problem. I had the Mopar upgrade and changed them out (the sound was ok, no real complaints.) with the memphis audio power reference line and the difference is very noticeable. The problem I have now is with the SRAMCQ09. I've placed polyfill in the box as suggested and it still sounds awkward to me. GreyGoose I would appreciate any suggestions you have as well

yours the sport, with the Alpine system?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Should have any day actually, I talked to R&D, we should be full swing by end of the month. As soon as I have a ready to order, I will let everyone know...should be any day.

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Graygoose, I recently (2 weeks ago) installed the SRAMCQ09 and love it.....great addition to the upgraded kicker speakers I did as well. Just wondering, will I need to remove the sub amp, if I were to install the 77kick43 front amp? Sorry if this question was answered somewhere in the 54 pages of this thread, I just can't recall:)

I have the Mygig RHB (430N) with the base audio system in my rig.

Photo of the finished sub install

Attachments

• IMG_2503.jpg
    IMG_2503.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2506.jpg
    IMG_2506.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 64

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Congrats, no sir, that is a dedicated mono amp for the sub, the front amp is totally separate and can be added without hampering rear.

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great, thanks man. I guess I know what I'm doing in a couple weekends:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
wait, you upgraded front speakers? If so, may not work the same. the DSP is setup for the OEM speakers...it could change the way it sounds with the aftermarket speakers. Did you use the 77KICK speakers?

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, I didn't do the 77KICK speakers. I upgraded all the speaker to these:
41KSC354 - dash speakers
40CS654-fronts
40CS6934-rears

Won't work with those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk