New Audio Upgrades from Kicker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Part #? Im thinking of ordering it

The 77KICK11 is two 6x9's and two 3.5",

thumb.php

Yo Nadz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Matt, I'm replacing all 3 dash speakers on mine, but with infinity 3032cf's. From what I've read, they're 2 ohm and are rated just as highly as the kickers. I should have them Monday and will have an extra one and wire adapters since I ordered 2 sets. PM me if you're interested. I paid $57 a set for the pair, and would be willing to let the extra and adaptor go for $30 shipped.

On another note, I get me Kicker sub setup tomorrow. Started prepping today by removing the factory sub (what a *************) and the drivers side storage cover. PITA. Matt had mentioned to me that there is a zip tire like clip holding the seats together. MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE IT, or you'll never get that set out. Lol. Also, once you get everything unbolted and the clip removed pull UP on the entire seat before trying to pull it out. There are 2 metal hooks covered with a plastic piece that keep the back of the seat against the rear wall of the cab. I broke one of the clips but didn't think anything of it since the metal was still there. It wasn't until I drove the truck again that I realized why that plastic was around it. It rattles like a ***** now without it. Off to the dealer tomorrow to get a replacement. I'm sure it will be reasonably priced...

Yo Nadz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Extra speaker sold.

Installed the Kicker SRAMCQ09 this morning. Picked it up from HiFiConnection.com for $430 shipped. WOW! What a unit. The instructions are spot on and include pics. All you have to run is 1 power wire to the battery, and tap two wires by the drivers kick panel. Install was a breeze!! The until is beautiful, fits perfect, and is easily removed if you sell the truck.

Initial thoughts are this this sounds AMAZING!! I only played around with it for a few minutes before I had to be at work, but this is EXACTLY what the stock Alpine system is lacking. I'm 100% happy thus far. Should get my 3032cf's on Monday and the small upgrade will be complete. Def recommend this setup to anyone looking for a quality upgrade.

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks for the eval on the sub. I'm anxiously awaiting the sub kit with the full amp for all the speakers.

I went ahead and installed the Kicker KS35's in the dash and I got to say it is a huge improvement. I am extremely happy with the upgrade and that is just the 3.5 dash speakers. Can't wait to get them all replaced.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Extra speaker sold.

Installed the Kicker SRAMCQ09 this morning. Picked it up from HiFiConnection.com for $430 shipped. WOW! What a unit. The instructions are spot on and include pics. All you have to run is 1 power wire to the battery, and tap two wires by the drivers kick panel. Install was a breeze!! The until is beautiful, fits perfect, and is easily removed if you sell the truck.

Initial thoughts are this this sounds AMAZING!! I only played around with it for a few minutes before I had to be at work, but this is EXACTLY what the stock Alpine system is lacking. I'm 100% happy thus far. Should get my 3032cf's on Monday and the small upgrade will be complete. Def recommend this setup to anyone looking for a quality upgrade.

Heck yea, what I wanted to hear. And, it will take roughly 10-12 hours of good listeing for the sub to break in, which will loosen the soft parts and really get it to play deep....so expect it to even get better.

Got a sub for my buddies 2013 ram QC, he had it in in 25 minutes start to finish. :)

Attachments

• 20140313_125506.jpg
    20140313_125506.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 90

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks to hemi450hp for starting a great and informative thread. Thanks to Yo Nadz for finding the awesome deal . I just orderd the soundgate kit for my 12 sport with factory alpine system. I can't wait to ditch that sorry excuse for a factory sub. By the way, if anyone else is interested in getting the sub from where Yo Nadz mentioned....they accepted my offer of $425. I'm super stoked and can't wait to get it installed. Thanks again gents!

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Congrats guys. I am still loving my setup. Kicker really did a great job with this kit.

ironhead3fan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those that replaced their dash speakers, what adapter was required so that I won't have to cut anything (2013 Ram 1500 w/Alpine). Thanks.

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
For those that replaced their dash speakers, what adapter was required so that I won't have to cut anything (2013 Ram 1500 w/Alpine). Thanks.

If you are talking about the Kicker KS35's for a dash replacement, which I highly recommend, it is a simple plug-n-play switch. No mounting adapter is needed. You will use the same two screws that hold each factory speaker in. You will need the adapters to plug into the wiring harness but Crutchfield includes them for free. I plan on replacing all the speakers with the Mopar Kickers, but the difference so far with just replacing the 3.5's in the dash is pretty impressive.

* Oops....I just noticed you said you had the Alpine system. I do not so I can't speak for sure about the differences in the speakers.

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So has anyone done the mopar kicker upgrades, 6x9/3.5 and 6x9 kit, on non - alpine system?
I have the uconnect 5" with 6 speakers and it is WEAK.
Is there any increase in quality and volume?
I don't know if there is any amp anywhere, I'm assuming no.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
damn it!!! why did i have to read this thread. Now i want one for my truck. I have the stock system, while i am still shocked at how much bass i get out of the speakers with no sub i am always wanting more.

ironhead3fan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I called Crutchfield, they don't carry any 2 ohm speakers, so I was looking elsewhere, which means I will likely have to figure out which adapter to use.

jackedupZ71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 ctd
will the kicker sub fit in a 2500 crew cab? if i were to put the 2 6x9's in the front w/ the 3.5's in the dash, where could you put the tweeters?

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So has anyone done the mopar kicker upgrades, 6x9/3.5 and 6x9 kit, on non - alpine system?
I have the uconnect 5" with 6 speakers and it is WEAK.
Is there any increase in quality and volume?
I don't know if there is any amp anywhere, I'm assuming no.

That is the system I have in my 2014 Express and I am upgrading all the speakers to the Mopar Kickers. You do not have to match the ohm rating of the factory speakers, these will drop in and work great.

Pitniko25

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
What are the speakers that replaces the roof rear speakers that kicker makes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow. I wasn't aware they even made this! Very tempting. How much did the door speakers run you? Same front and rear?

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I have not replaced the door speakers yet. With the factory Alpine, I have been told that replacing door speakers does very little, so I only swapped the dash speakers and sub as of now.

WhiteSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have not replaced the door speakers yet. With the factory Alpine, I have been told that replacing door speakers does very little, so I only swapped the dash speakers and sub as of now.

Interesting. I'm adding this to my list of to-dos. I also think the factory sub isnt enough. And defintely takes more space. Question is will the fold flat floor option work with that sub, it sits quite tall.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

The problem is with the Alpine system. They way they set it up is highs go through the dash speakers. Mid/lows to the front doors and full range to the rear. It's supposed to be concert sound..blahh

With the stock speakers I had to turn it up to like 24 to even hear some decent highs. It really sounded so muddy.

I put Polk 3.5" in the dash. Plug and play. Cleared the highs up some....
Left the center alone. Most say unplug it because it makes it sound clear. I couldn't tell a different with it unpluged or not. No point is wasting money for two speakers when I only need one.

Next put some Polk 6x9s in the rear doors. On-sale at Crutchfield $50, came with the adapters free. Plug and play.

Didnt help the front staging much, but really cleared up the sound overall. Real crisp highs.

Now what seemed to make the biggest difference so far was yanking out my REN HU and putting a 7" Pioneer. Now I barley turn it up and its loud. Goes to 40 and 15 is very loud. What's strange is the front speakers now act like a mid/sub driver now. Like it was designed too. Still nothing to shake the walls but better than before.

I want some more bass (My Alpine doesn't have the sub)but don't want to lose all the storage space in the rear. This seems like a awesome upgrade. Will be doing it soon.....

So where is the factory Alpine amp located?

Someone asked about the kicker amp working with the heated/cooled seats. Anybody confirm it does?

Thanks
Steven

ironhead3fan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hemi450hp, did you get adapters to plug your dash speakers in? If so, what adapter did you use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tigger54