New-Build combinations???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Is there something OTHER THAN the ram build-and-price interactive web page to try and figure out which combinations of features I can get and not get?

Seems awful confusing to try and get , say, a trailer brake factory built-in but NOT also take those stupid insect antennae-looking extra wide mirrors; this axle ratio vs that engine, etc.

A table, chart, matrix some where????

Also, seems like one week to another their own build-and-price webpage ifself is inconsistent...

Dontra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI Etorque
Try Cosco site

brian42

Military
Reaction score
The RAM build & price webpage(s) are much easier to navigate now. Instead of having to select the "i" to get information it's listed for you. If there's a conditional option that requires another selection it will notify you and not let you select that option until you've selected the prerequisite. The rest you just have to read through. The good part is that there's a picture of the option next to it for you to see what it is talking about.

As for the trailer tow mirrors - do not select trailer tow package. Instead just select the trailer brake controller.

My dad just ordered a RAM and he used the website to get an idea of the options but went to the dealership and sat down with a salesman to find out exactly what was available and to order what he wanted.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Use the build & price just as a guideline not a final build spec list. Look at the window stickers of trucks on the dealer inventories. Search inventories outside your home are too. There are “customer preferred” packages dealers can order that have options you can’t match up via the build & price site. There are also a host of accessories not listed on the B&P site too. Did you know you can get custom leather upholstery in any model truck? It’s a dealer add on and has to be added by the dealer.

Find a knowledgeable sales rep that will work with you in getting what you want. Not one that’s only interested in selling what’s on their lot at the moment.

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Did they change anything a all for 2020? You would think they would at least add a new color or have their two tone problem fixed.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
From what I have found (and there's not much out there on 2020 2500's) is that they will offer a olive green color and a different blue. I too am waiting on ordering a 2020 2500 but I guess you can't until early 2020.

Red

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Best way to know for sure is to go to a dealership and have a sales rep build one out for you in their system. There's no obligation to buy, and it's the only definitive way to know for sure. There are more configurations than the website shows.

OP
OP
K

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
As for the trailer tow mirrors - do not select trailer tow package. Instead just select the trailer brake controller.

My dad just ordered a RAM and he used the website to get an idea of the options but went to the dealership and sat down with a salesman to find out exactly what was available and to order what he wanted.

Thanks!

OP
OP
K

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Use the build & price just as a guideline not a final build spec list. Look at the window stickers of trucks on the dealer inventories... There are “customer preferred” packages dealers can order that have options you can’t match up via the build & price site. There are also a host of accessories not listed on the B&P site too...
Find a knowledgeable sales rep that will work with you in getting what you want. Not one that’s only interested in selling what’s on their lot at the moment.

Thanks!

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It WOULD be nice if you could just tick the boxes you want and have it tell you how to get it.

Unfortunately, in my case it would simply say "Sorry, that configuration is not available"...

And it would say the same thing with a dozen or maybe even a hundred different configurations.