New convert to Ram with a stupid question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
That’s my missus theory too but she doesn’t pay off her card so anything she buys actually costs more than the actual price drives me crazy

Ha, yeah, that's missing the most crucial step. Paying any interest eats up the kickback pretty much immediately. I haven't had a monthly balance in over 20 years or a car note since 2016 (I leased for 13 months then paid it off because it worked out to be $1k cheaper than paying cash due to kickbacks on a lease that weren't available on a purchase).

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I’m 60 years old and when I bought my pw it was 101k cad by the time all the interest and expenses were added in. In 2015 a 1300 a month was doable. But then Justin was elected and the Alberta economy hit the toilet.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you always been a moronic jerk or do you have to work at it every day?

Easy there dude.

I'm confident that Jim was only trying to be funny, there's no reason to make this personal.

Personal attacks are against the terms of service at this site, the same as many others.

Last edited:

fitzdicksn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just upgraded my '99 F-150 to a '19 Ram 2500.So far I love this truck. Wish it had a couple of things it doesn't, and wish it didn't have a couple of things it does - but that's the tradeoff when buying used. In playing it and learning it, I found one I just can't figure out. The coin holder has 5 slots, and all of them are different sizes. I have figured out that from right to left is dimes, pennies, nickels and quarters. Why they would put a penny holder in there is beyond me, but that's an engineer for you. But what about the far left one? It is too big for quarters. What the heck is it for? Even if 50-cent pieces were still in normal circulation like they used to be, it is too small for them.
It may be for Canadian loonies or toonies which are $1 and $2 coins or it could be for the US Susan B Anthony $1 coins or 50 cent pieces.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It may be for Canadian loonies or toonies which are $1 and $2 coins or it could be for the US Susan B Anthony $1 coins or 50 cent pieces.

No offense intended but if you had read even the last 2 pages of this thread, you will see that the coin slot mystery has been solved and repeated many times already.

beat-dead-horse.gif

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Have you always been a moronic jerk or do you have to work at it every day?
Bro.... simmer down and enjoy the sentiment of the Brotherhood herein!
We are a great group of enthusiasts that roll with it ;)
Take it, dish it, laugh at it!
Life is wayyyyy to fn short to be soiled with nonsense!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope lol

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Bet the USA brothers wish they had pretty money like ours lol

Honestly? US currency is dumb. The bills are all the same color and size, unlike pretty much everyone else where it's super easy to tell a denomination by either. We have to look at the numbers and dead guy on it, so you're thumbing through your wallet to see where the $20's turn into $10s turn into $5s, etc. Even blind people can recognize their currency by feeling the size of it with most currencies, in the US they have to have someone they trust fold it a special way and trust the shopkeeper to be honest. The coins are a random distribution as far as size to value, a legacy of when actual silver/gold coins were in circulation but meaningless now.

If I were king for a day, I'd stop minting pennies, dimes, $2s, $10s, and $50s. Coins would be nickels and quarters only. Bills would be $1, $5, $20, $100 only.

But it's buying power can't be argued with and most of it exists as electrons anyway.