Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEAT SHIELD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Hey guys so I’m getting ready to find an engine to purchase. My intentions are just to upgrade . I currently have a 4.7 V8 on my 2WD 2011 slt. With about 213,000 miles on her. I want to go up to a 5.7 or higher . Just wondering what company would have the best prices , I see a 2015 Dodge Charger engine that’s a 5.7 for sale , sits at 2,000 grand . Can I put that in my truck ? I need recommendations please!! Can I put newer year engines in my truck without have to swap the tranny ?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey guys so I’m getting ready to find an engine to purchase. My intentions are just to upgrade . I currently have a 4.7 V8 on my 2WD 2011 slt. With about 213,000 miles on her. I want to go up to a 5.7 or higher . Just wondering what company would have the best prices , I see a 2015 Dodge Charger engine that’s a 5.7 for sale , sits at 2,000 grand . Can I put that in my truck ? I need recommendations please!! Can I put newer year engines in my truck without have to swap the tranny ?
If you are serious about moving up to the 5.7 HEMI, it would be ideal to find one from a truck because you are going to need the engine harness as well as the PCM plus some programming to put your VIN in the PCM. You are also going to need the 5.7 engine mounts too.

When I do these swaps I tell my customers to find me a donor truck so I can get everything I need from it. There are other things needed but this is just the basics.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Get the 5.7 hemi with pcm and engine harness
5.7 accessories if you can. I would attempt to make it as factory as possible. Reinstall the PS, ALT and AC like factory 5.7 if that makes sense.