New grille purchase pending... which one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rebel one, they look the best, with o without lights. Mine has a body color matched RAM lettering in it. - Orange .ramgrille001.JPG

OP
OP
KiltedCelt01

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rebel one, they look the best, with o without lights. Mine has a body color matched RAM lettering in it. - Orange .View attachment 210954

That looks good, do you have a link to that grille? The only ones I’ve found have the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the fleabay grille I went with. Although yours will be blacked out this will give a good sense of how it will look. I prefer a completely debadged look.

689FpxI.jpg

J-Dubb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The one that makes you feel the best about your truck is the one you should go with.

You will drive and see it every day.

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
If you're going to be doing any medium/heavy towing, you want maximum air flow thru the grill. That's why the Tradesman pkg with its no frills grill has highest tow rating.

Blstrick55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The one that makes you feel the best about your truck is the one you should go with.

You will drive and see it every day.

Agree 100%. I got the pig snout grill that a majority of people don't like, but I like it and feel like the lines match up perfect with my headlights.

IMG_4021a.jpg

Dalton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 TD
I like the one that is one your truck now.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was like you, I wanted a "new" style grille in my truck and I started to look on e-bay and then started to read views about the grilles. One thing that concerned me was after looking at a few on e-bay I saw the shipping weight was about 10lbs. I didn't think that would be very sturdy. I checked with Benny at All Mopar Parts and the cost of an OEM grille was way out of my price range. There have been a few guys on the forum that have made the switch and the new grilles look good and appear to fit OK, but I still wonder how stout they really are. I finally decided to get a honeycomb grille and paint it to match the truck. It has a lot better airflow than the stock "bar" type grille and so far I like the way it looks. Good luck with your search. I know I didn't answer your questions but I thought I'd share what I went through trying to find a different grille.
Jay

thenatural

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m looking for some opinions or feedback if anyone has purchased either of these aftermarket grilles via eBay. I’m eyeing up two right now that I really like. They’re OEM style aftermarket versions, nothing crazy. My truck is completely blacked out and I’m having a hard time deciding between these two.

I like the Rebel style grille, but, I don’t want a raptor look with the lights. Not knocking anyone who has it, everybody likes different stuff. The yellow lights would clash with my white DRL’s/marker lights and the version with white lights would be overkill in my opinion. I’m also not much of a light guy, don’t really want any extra lights anywhere. I’d like this style grille better if there was a gloss black version to match better with the PX8 paint on my truck, I’m not a real big fan of matte plastic on the front end. (I guess I could have it painted) None of the above makes me like the grille any less, though.

If I bought the Rebel style grille, I’d just black out the raptor style lights before the install to fill the holes and would paint the RAM badge black. I can’t find a version of the Rebel style grille in the aftermarket world that doesn’t have the lights but still has the OEM looking RAM badge. Kind of a weird combination issue if you ask me. I found out there’s a commonly sold version out there in ebay land with a “skinny M” which looks really weird and I wouldn’t have noticed it if I didn’t do some googling. Luckily I found this one that’s proportionate.

83bcf5592b3a74dde145b1e5b8334c1f.jpg

The 2nd one is listed as a “Big Horn edition” grille on eBay and I found it in gloss black. I like both of these a lot but I’m having a hard time picturing them on my Ram for some reason. These grilles are specifically for 2009-2012 1500’s. They also have versions of both of these grilles without the RAM badge but I prefer the badge there, I think it looks better.

Maybe I should just buy both and change them out month to month haha. Best of both worlds. Has anyone bought these and if so, are you happy with it? Any issues with durability, quality, etc? If you bought one of these and have a 2009-2012 Ram, please post photos of it, the pictures on eBay aren’t very good.
5441f676098c150143dcca083a6c6c2c.jpg
Photo of mine for reference.

6e1f7a4b9127942842fe66c5bb3b08ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thenatural

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought the ram grill. All plastic. Bird flew into it and cracked it. Best to just stay with stock grill or metal mesh

Tahoebronco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Agree 100%. I got the pig snout grill that a majority of people don't like, but I like it and feel like the lines match up perfect with my headlights.

View attachment 210974
I like your new grill. I'd like to get one like that for my rig. I think mine was replace once already (I bought my rig Oct 2018) but it has a small crack that bothers me.

20190413_103843.jpg