New guy, 'new' truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
I’ve had the same question. First time truck owner. Only drive it in the winter or rainy days but I’d like a cool sounding muffler system. Not too loud just a really cool rumble. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic. 3.6L V-6. Recommendations?

rickjkline

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I'll be hanging out here now instead of Jeep forum. A deer committed vehicular suicide which also caused the demise of my 08 Grand which I've replaced with an 18 Big Horn.

A couple questions to start off with as I browse:

Is a catch can still a 'requirement' on the newer Hemi? I kept the Billet Technology can from my Jeep and could get it mounted up if the pcv still sucks...

Exhaust. Are the cheap 'total flow' direct fit mufflers any good? Do they hold up? I see mufflex was once a popular name, now I see carven. Flowmaster and Magnaflow also have offerings I've looked at.

I have the Total flow and it is direct fit but ever so slightly short. I had to pull the tail pipe tips in a bit to make it work. I dont mind and it sounds great.

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced mine with the Carven Progressive. Its the only muffler system i've ever had that was a direct replacement without any modifications and I love that. I love the sound at idle and I especially love the roar when I get into it. I have had multiple compliments on the sound.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’ve had the same question. First time truck owner. Only drive it in the winter or rainy days but I’d like a cool sounding muffler system. Not too loud just a really cool rumble. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic. 3.6L V-6. Recommendations?

It’s cute that you think you can make a V6 sound cool .... Lol .... JK, but had to .... Good luck with your search .... Just don’t get something that makes it sound like a teenager’s Honda Civic Ricer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk