New Headlight Assembly, Quick Flashing Turn Signal Problem!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seagiant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi,
I have a 2003 RAM 1500 and just replaced headlight assemblies with new TYC manufactured ones.

Now the lamp out light is on and both blinkers are blinking fast.

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem???

OP
OP
S

seagiant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi,
Thank you, does this mean that the TYC Headlight Assemblies use LED lights instead of incandecent?

Did you install these TYC assemblies also?

Trying to figure this out, thanks again!

Popeye

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like they use leds. i changed out my headlights and switch back turn signals to led's and I had the same exact problem you are experiencing. Once I installed the resistors the fast blinking stopped.

OP
OP
S

seagiant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi,
Thanks, just found out the problem with the TYC Headlight assemblies are not LED's but the turn signal sockets!

Looks like people using their old OEM sockets in the new assembly, fixes the problem!

Thanks again!

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Glad you figured out what the problem was

2003tbarn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Cummins
Problem – The turn signal bulb sockets that came with the TYC units don’t work as they cause the Lamp Out message to illuminate and the chime bell to chime. (2003 Ram 2500)

Solution – Used the original bulb holders that came with the truck instead of the ones that came with the new TYC units. Now, everything works fine.