NEW JBA 1 3/4" Longtube Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Putting on headers without a tune would be like going to the strippers and sitting at the bar talking to the bartender while drinking water.

:)

Ha! If the same man does a 180 in his seat, I call him a genius. No $9 half sized watered down drinks, plus 'tiping' not required!

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
A very small percentage of people had to dent the driverside header primary on the 1 7/8" JBA headers to make them fit, so that is far from being normal. And their silver ceramic coating holds up great. I have never been a fan of their titanium coating though, so I would not go that route.

Of the 50 or so 1 3/4" sets we have sold now, not 1 of those people have mentioned any trouble with fitment, so I dont see anything to worry about with these.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With the amount of posts over the years about people having to dent JBA headers you would think it was normal...lol..

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With the amount of posts over the years about people having to dent JBA headers you would think it was normal...lol..

Agreed. I've been reading all the posts. Keep in mind, more people are inclined to write about something of they are complain lol.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A very small percentage of people had to dent the driverside header primary on the 1 7/8" JBA headers to make them fit, so that is far from being normal. And their silver ceramic coating holds up great. I have never been a fan of their titanium coating though, so I would not go that route.

Of the 50 or so 1 3/4" sets we have sold now, not 1 of those people have mentioned any trouble with fitment, so I dont see anything to worry about with these.

Just bought my truck, which had a prior 6 inch lift installed. Any idea if the lift will affect hesder fitment?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agreed. I've been reading all the posts. Keep in mind, more people are inclined to write about something of they are complain lol.

Fully agree but saying the fit fine is a big fat lie as well.We are talking more than a couple people here. and JBA never addressing the issue is even more concerning.

The only issue I havent experience yet is broken welds, but im sure those will come soon...lol.. :crazy:

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
So are all Ram trucks junk because some have had lifters fail? Should you have bought a different brand truck since Ram hasn't addressed that issue? The percentage of people who have that happen is marginal, but you see it all over the forums because most people only post when they want to complain about something.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Just bought my truck, which had a prior 6 inch lift installed. Any idea if the lift will affect hesder fitment?

The lift does not affect header fitment, so no worries there.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
the real question is why some have to dent them and some dont. whats missing on the ones that dont?

tuned by Jay Greene

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm so torn between ARH and JBA... I love saving money, but get real pissed when I have fitment struggles.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I'm so torn between ARH and JBA... I love saving money, but get real pissed when I have fitment struggles.

The ARH headers are very nice, and I run them on both my 2011 and my 2014. If you can swing it, then they are worth it. The JBA are just a great alternative for the guys who cant afford a $1500+ set of headers.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The guy that sell headers runs ARH that pretty much tells you what to get...lol..

the real question is why some have to dent them and some dont. whats missing on the ones that dont?

Quality control at the factory, this includes both Ram and JBA... *****....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
The guy that sells them runs ARH because the set for his 2011 were given to him for free, and because JBA did not offer a 1 3/4" header when he built the 2014 8sp.

I started off with the JBA longtubes on my 2014, and they went on great without any fitment issues whatsoever. The only reason I took them off was because the 1 3/4" primaries are better for the 8sp trucks, and JBA did not offer them with 1 3/4" primaries at the time. Now that JBA offers a 1 3/4" Header, I wouldnt hesitate in the least to run them again on my own trucks.

And each header is made on the same jig, so the reason why some trucks have had clearance issues with the steering arm is more than likely due to the engine placement, not the header. I've had guys loosen the motor mounts, shift the motor over 1/8", and then clear the shaft...this applies with both ARH and JBA with the 1 7/8" primaries.

You are adamant about talking down a manufacturer when you have never run anything else to compare them to. As someone who has run both brands and both size primaries, I would run JBA again in a heartbeat. Love my ARH headers as well, but most guys are very happy with the bang for buck they get from JBA.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Couldn't care less, Mine fit like ****, the coating is peeling and trying to get any customer service was impossible. So screw them, I will never recommend that garbage to anyone.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Couldn't care less, Mine fit like ****, the coating is peeling and trying to get any customer service was impossible. So screw them, I will never recommend that garbage to anyone.

If you want to rant about the 1 7/8" headers, then please do it elsewhere. This post is regarding the 1 3/4" headers that do not have any fitment issues.

Thank you.

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
1 3/4" primaries are better for the 8sp trucks,

I have a 2011 with the 545RFE would 1 3/4 inch work well for me as a daily driver, and what all do you need to do a header swap?

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The guy that sells them runs ARH because the set for his 2011 were given to him for free, and because JBA did not offer a 1 3/4" header when he built the 2014 8sp.

I started off with the JBA longtubes on my 2014, and they went on great without any fitment issues whatsoever. The only reason I took them off was because the 1 3/4" primaries are better for the 8sp trucks, and JBA did not offer them with 1 3/4" primaries at the time. Now that JBA offers a 1 3/4" Header, I wouldnt hesitate in the least to run them again on my own trucks.

And each header is made on the same jig, so the reason why some trucks have had clearance issues with the steering arm is more than likely due to the engine placement, not the header. I've had guys loosen the motor mounts, shift the motor over 1/8", and then clear the shaft...this applies with both ARH and JBA with the 1 7/8" primaries.

You are adamant about talking down a manufacturer when you have never run anything else to compare them to. As someone who has run both brands and both size primaries, I would run JBA again in a heartbeat. Love my ARH headers as well, but most guys are very happy with the bang for buck they get from JBA.

:Rock on:

Thanks for the info. I can afford the ARH, but it's personally hard for me to pay double (once coated) for something that I'll never really see. Especially when I'm looking to save up for the whipple. I'll probably wait a month or two and go JBA and get the 87MM at the same time so I only have to log for one hemifever update. But who knows, I'll probably change my mind and spend the money for ARH :D

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

What finish do you have on your headers ?

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I have a 2011 with the 545RFE would 1 3/4 inch work well for me as a daily driver, and what all do you need to do a header swap?

I 3/4" are better for just about everyone in a truck. I only recommend 1 7/8" on trucks with big Tq converters, a lot of gear, and 6500+ rpm shift points.