New LED Tails conversion. Need wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

I currently own a 2012 1500 and wanted to upgrade the tail lights to the 13+ LED ones. I have the conversion harness from Retroshop but I went against what Jeremy said and I bought the LED taillights without the wiring attached because I got a wicked deal for $100.

Does anyone know where I can find this wiring that is supposed to be on the back of the lights? I've tried used car parts places but no luck.

13tailcomplete_zpszbjlk2e2.jpg

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
So you need the oem wiring to use the adapter? I didn't know that

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
make your own harness. chances are nobody is going to want to remove the wiring from the lights for this exact reason, unless the lights are busted.

OP
OP
Metric Customs
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
make your own harness. chances are nobody is going to want to remove the wiring from the lights for this exact reason, unless the lights are busted.

If I were to make my own i'd still need the connectors, any idea of where to get these? I went to Dodge today to check if they sold the wiring. They sell one of the connectors but it was $90..... :O

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tricky part is, depending on the connector, once you track down a manufacturer, most will only sell in bulk. I had the same problem when I was looking for a replacement headlight connector. Some are easier to get your hands on though (the connector on the right should be easy to track down), but not sure about the other one.

Last edited:

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If I were to make my own i'd still need the connectors, any idea of where to get these? I went to Dodge today to check if they sold the wiring. They sell one of the connectors but it was $90..... :O

not necessarily. you just need to find individual wire terminals that fit into the stock connector. its not as easy or as clean as the OEM connector, but its also never going to be seen and not something that gets disconnected regularly so its not a huge deal, imo.