New [LIGHT BAR] LED Tail Lights Look!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clearjab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 laramie crew cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its a shame they´ve been on prototype stage for soo long (maybe they scrapped the idea) however I dont think this would be too hard for a DIY project... Ive seen this mod on tail lights in the past in everything from honda ricers to top end bmw´s... most of them turned out to be acrylic pieces completly engraved on one side to refract light from high power creed leds... the trick is having enough room inside the tail light for said acrylic piece... I´ve never seen the oem led tail lights without its clear cover... if its too tight might actually require to fabricate an entire new tail light to make room for the led/neon look thing... they look badass as #$$% to be honest

OP
OP
PNUTLT1

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes they have been coming for a year. The very first prototype set he had in the pictures he sold to me a while back so I have them now. Just thought I'd throw these up here and hopefully they do go into production.

FullSizeRender%202_zps6ckrup4b.jpg

FullSizeRender%203_zpsofc7iyds.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpswqi6ssco.jpg

FullSizeRender%204_zpslsjmrxfd.jpg

FullSizeRender%205_zpsrp1ktso4.jpg

Sell these back to me!
I want them back now hahah

Clearjab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 laramie crew cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sell these back to me!
I want them back now hahah

Soooo... what happened with those? I think we all want to know since we all pretty much agree they´re the best looking tail lights for the ram... did they scrapped the idea or what? they even look like they belong on a 2016 ram oem equipment

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update!!!!

So I think they are going to be releasing these soon.
I say within a month or so.

I am going to get 2 prototype sets tested on my truck again I think in 2 weeks and as soon as they get the green light, they are going to produce them.
So I will be selling the 2 prototype test-fit sets.
They are going to be one black set and one black smoke set.
Ill post them up once I have them ready.

I'll take the black smoke set!!!

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sub'd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man, it's such a shame these never took off in production. I imagine at least a few hundred sets would sell instantly with all the interest. I am very picky when it comes to look of lights and how it shapes my truck cosmetically...I and all of you haven't found another tail light that looks this cool.

To the OP, if these are not going to go into production can we at a minimum get some pics of the inside and info on what was used to create these awesome lights? I like them as much as to attempt to make my own!

ncbeast

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 ST 2WD
Engine
5.7 HEMI
+1 on these, would love to have some different LED taillights like Ford and Chevy!

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Almost makes me want a 3rd gen. They have better light options. lol

I mean ****, this body sytle as been out since 2009..

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Almost makes me want a 3rd gen. They have better light options. lol

I mean ****, this body sytle as been out since 2009..

I know, I have searched high and dry and pretty sure I have seen every light option for the 09+ Rams. Dont really like any of them lol! My black quads with LED Concepts halos arrive tomm and I wanted to find a tail to match. This one would be perfect but I suppose I can settle for a 13+ LED set with the adapter/harness things.

What do you all think is the best looking black housing tail light?

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
Ok I Want some!!!!! Hahahah no seriously when are they coming out. Please don't say we have to refinance our truck to buy them.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I know, I have searched high and dry and pretty sure I have seen every light option for the 09+ Rams. Dont really like any of them lol! My black quads with LED Concepts halos arrive tomm and I wanted to find a tail to match. This one would be perfect but I suppose I can settle for a 13+ LED set with the adapter/harness things.

The ones he has for sale in the forum right now...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The ones he has for sale in the forum right now...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

yea those are not bad but I have never been a fan of the smoked look.

I like these ones (go to 42 sec to see) I think best but I don't want to get them only to be dissapointed, cheap feeling and looking. Like that 92 honda civic with ebay euro tail lights you know for a fact upon sight they cost maybe $100. That cheap look I want to avoid, maybe OEM is it honestly. Can get 13+ LED tails and wiring adapters for a 12-. I may end up that route...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FgxcW9yc3PM

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMO its also so hard because you just dont know how exactly they will look unless on your truck! Like they look great on his grey sport but I have a chrome bumper, working with black painted exhaust tips, black ram tailgate emblem, lots of black accenting with chrome being bumpers, door handles, and grill border.

Clearjab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 laramie crew cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im starting to wish this thread never existed... the more I see it the more I want this tail lights... If they dont make this ones im throwing a tantrum... Ive been looking for a replacement for my busted tail light and literally everything looks ugly after seeing this ones

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

OEM sport tails are actually pretty nice but I'm not paying $400 for some. lol

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
that clear section is just too damn big!
A little bit.

I would like to see the C bar go all the way down and around the clear back up light.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Clearjab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 laramie crew cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A little bit.

I would like to see the C bar go all the way down and around the clear back up light.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

you mean like the one on the f-150?