New Outdoorsman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
looks like he was only giving you the manufacture discounts then so they should come down more. if $6k is only manufacture discounts and nothing from the dealer itself then you should be able to get it for $38k pretty easily and i wouldn't pay anymore then $39k

OP
OP
N

nw3dogs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 slt laramie 2500
Engine
V8 360
looks like he was only giving you the manufacture discounts then so they should come down more. if $6k is only manufacture discounts and nothing from the dealer itself then you should be able to get it for $38k pretty easily and i wouldn't pay anymore then $39k

That's what I thought. He was working another deal at the time, don't really think he cared one way or another. Little irritated that he didn't even bother to see if he could do anything lower. Just here $42,500 take it and sign here.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah the fact that he didn't even bother trying to counter tells me he didn't really care about making a sale.

one thing to keep in mind is that when the manufacture offers a discount they compensate the dealers for that discount. a lot of dealers will act like they are taking some huge hit on the deal because of that discount kinda the same way they try to act like your trade is a discount

OP
OP
N

nw3dogs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 slt laramie 2500
Engine
V8 360
We had met the salesman a few years ago when we looked for a minivan. Seemed very laid back, figured that would be a good thing. Apparently not, couldn't care one way or another. Oh well his loss. The dealer that has it is only 2 hours from home. So if they make me a good offer ill make that drive before the end of the month.