New Ram Air Flow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I’m interested in the K&M series 77 cold flow for my 2020 Limited but waiting on some feedback from someone whose installed it.

K&Ns are not as good as S&B, Volant, or other enclosed box CAIs. The Vararam outperforms them slightly (and therefore, in theory, so should this Ram Airflow unit which is similar), or so I've seen in other threads and forums, but only barely, and is not as winter-resistant.

Open box/filters, like the K&N units, are called hot air intakes by most who know their stuff. They do suck in a bit more air, and give you a bit of noise that some like, but its hot engine air, and their oiled filters do not filter well. In addition, many over oil them after cleaning, so that the filter oil gets sucked down the intake. No bueno.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I'd throw money into a S&B or Volant with a dry filter long before I touched K&N with a ten foot pole. This Ram Air flow intrigues me, going to have to keep an eye on them.

btsbarton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I hope they come out with one of these for the HD’s with the 6.4L. This looks really good and frees up a ton on space in the engine bay where the airbox was. The 2019+’s HDs already pull the intake air from above the radiator, though the throttle body at the side vs top

2EEC913C-2AA9-4512-A725-C401307CE7B6.jpeg