New seats into an old Dodge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlimCharles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
n/a
Hey folks-

I'm working on a film project involving a Dodge. Essentially, I'm trying my best to match the interior of an older crew cab 1500 to a 2016 Big Horn. I'm not worried about matching everything, since mostly what we're seeing are the tops of the seats and the ceiling.

I'm thinking if I can pull the seats out of the 2016, and put them in say a 2003 or 2004, I can get pretty close.

I'm wondering, do the back seats come out of the Big Horn? Are the rails on the front seats the same as they were back in the early '00s?

Thanks in advance for your help, Dodge experts. Hope to talk soon!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The seats are very swappable, but unless you're gonna ensure there's no footage of the dash and door panels...they are very different and not swappable.

coach dave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
Hey folks-

I'm working on a film project involving a Dodge. Essentially, I'm trying my best to match the interior of an older crew cab 1500 to a 2016 Big Horn. I'm not worried about matching everything, since mostly what we're seeing are the tops of the seats and the ceiling.

I'm thinking if I can pull the seats out of the 2016, and put them in say a 2003 or 2004, I can get pretty close.

I'm wondering, do the back seats come out of the Big Horn? Are the rails on the front seats the same as they were back in the early '00s?

Thanks in advance for your help, Dodge experts. Hope to talk soon!
I put 2018 Laramie in my 2003. Fronts bolted right up, rear I used existing brackets and only had to drill one hole each side. The back of the seats required me to drill and make a slot in the double wall so hooks would slide in and down. Worked great.

17RedSled

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
How did this turn out? Cousin wants the same done to his

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
How did this turn out? Cousin wants the same done to his

This was a temporary measure for a movie, there are better threads on the site about swapping 4th gen seats to a 3rd gen.