New shorty headers on the market, I think.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh Swanberg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Going to bump an old thread. Any updates on these? Fitment confirmed it looks like for a 2015 Ram Hemi 4x4 1500.

I've had a faint ticking for awhile and it finally got louder on the passenger side; assuming I lost a stud finally (110k on it). On the fence between resurfacing stock manifolds or popping in shorty headers. Machine shops near me are far/few between. Wondering with my 3" body lift if that will help or hurt clearance; think it will be easier.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm interested as well in how these are doing long term

Elvira

Reaction score
I would rather and have paid more money for H00ker Headers than give any money to the chinese. The last few years i have made a point of keeping my money in North America. I would go with-out as opposed to supporting the chinese. Made in Japan or Taiwan, i can live with...but that is as asian as I go.

Last edited:

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
I ended up going with American Racing Headers Long Tube Kit. (I know it isn't Shorty Headers like the post title)
They went on very easy. Dip stick tube was a pain to put back due to having to change the bend on it, but all in all I would recommend them.
There is plenty of clearance for the Long Tubes on the 5.7 2500's. They are also easier to acquire and has more information easily accessible.

smitty21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighhorn
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the PowerGo Motorsports shorties on my 2013 ram 1500. I have had mine on my truck since January of this year and they are holding up will aithnthe Chicago winter weather.

I would recommend these to anybody looking for a quality set on a budget.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I have the PowerGo Motorsports shorties on my 2013 ram 1500. I have had mine on my truck since January of this year and they are holding up will aithnthe Chicago winter weather.

I would recommend these to anybody looking for a quality set on a budget.

Thanks for the update...

They still working good?
I'm about to install some.

What gaskets and bolts did you use?
I'm torn between Fel-pro or Remflex gaskets
and APR bolts or Mr. gasket locking bolts.

Last edited:

Blstrick55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone get any leaks with these? I've had them on a year or so with Remflex gaskets and I'm starting to get a tickticktick noise when I accelerate and an exhaust smell. I won't have a chance to check it out for a couple of days to see what's going on with it.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone get any leaks with these? I've had them on a year or so with Remflex gaskets and I'm starting to get a tickticktick noise when I accelerate and an exhaust smell. I won't have a chance to check it out for a couple of days to see what's going on with it.
Check the flange to y pipe bolts, I had those loosen up when I was running JBAs a few years ago

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I run these on mine as well, price and quality is really good. The flange depth was really my only issue and ended using a lot of washers to reuse my ARP collector bolts. Before install I cut the branded tags off, blasted them abs coated them inside and out with creakote ceramic coating. Install wasn’t bad on my 1500 2018 4x4 but I did need to unbolt the steering knuckle to get it out of the way. I’ve had mine on for like 3 months of so and no issues. I go get a lot more valvetrain noise and it’s worse when it’s cold but I verified no leaks. So it sounds like a tick but it’s not an exhaust leak. Checked bolts after a few heat cycles and nothing really loosened up. I run remflex gaskets and ARP 6 pt header bolts.

My stock manifolds I pulled at 18k for ****** blackheart shorties and they cracked like a motha and total junk. At that time the stock manifolds were warped slightly so I creakoted them and put them back on. I pulled them at 42k now for these headers and measured like .066” warp or something.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

I never updated on my install went. It was to say the least, interesting and time consuming.
Had to make a stud for one bolt on the drivers side and small turns on some other bolts.
Getting the oil dip stick back in and bent around the headers was probably the 2nd hardest part. Not much room in there.

I do have a leak at flange to the y-pipe. I re tightened everything but it still leaks. Not sure what else to do besides un hook both flanges and re do the RTV. FUN

I think what I did was, I let the RTV sit too long before I got everything squared away and tight. Took a little longer than expected. So maybe the RTV cured before everything was bolted down.

Overall it sounds a little different, more growl I guess. Would be nice to fix the leak, because when you give it gas you can hear it.

Last edited:

thomasspink

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Ive been looking at those; between those JBA and BBK headers since my manifold has a leak and a atleast 1 broken bolt

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I never updated on my install went. It was to say the least, interesting and time consuming.
Had to make a stud for one bolt on the drivers side and small turns on some other bolts.
Getting the oil dip stick back in and bent around the headers was probably the 2nd hardest part. Not much room in there.

I do have a leak at flange to the y-pipe. I re tightened everything but it still leaks. Not sure what else to do besides un hook both flanges and re do the RTV. FUN

I think what I did was, I let the RTV sit too long before I got everything squared away and tight. Took a little longer than expected. So maybe the RTV cured before everything was bolted down.

Overall it sounds a little different, more growl I guess. Would be nice to fix the leak, because when you give it gas you can hear it.
I had the leak at the collector too. The ball flange on the power go isn’t as large at the stock manifolds so it sits further in the ball flange and leaks. My fix was to leave the headers bolted down and unbolt the ypipe on each side and then use high temp permatex exhaust sealant paste (hood for 2000*F) and use my finger to push it in around the ball flange. Then put the collectors back on with bolts and it will push the paste out creating a seal. Start the truck and let it idle and get hot for a few min and then shut it off. The heat hardens the paste and cures it. Then let it sit over night and run it like u stole it. Sealed mine up good. Headers are noiser than manifolds bc the material is not as thick so you will hear ticking and the valvetrain more. I think mine leaks at the ypipe down low as I see water come out during warm up. I will prob put the paste there too at some point.