New to forum and dodge gas rigs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tunacaptin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 5.9
I have a 1992 d250. 360 c.i. 5 speed trans. 76000 original miles. Cab and running gear awesome. Want to learn from the knowledge base on this forum what recommendations/mods to make the truck run better, i.e. more power. Also considering lowering and improving road handling. Down the road looking to make serious power jumps but for now just looking for mild and easy mods. Thanks in advance for looking at this post and any helpful advice. Jason

OP
OP
T

Tunacaptin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 5.9
Also wondering about smog delete, putting on headers and dual exhaust. Does it make much difference? Thanks agian

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Welcome. Not sure how much more power headers and duals will give you. But later on you could build a 408 stroker and really make power.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
:welcome:

OP
OP
T

Tunacaptin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 5.9
Thanks for the welcomes. A 408 stroker is down the road for sure.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
welcome to the forum. sounds like you got a nice truck. post some pics.

a quick rundown from my own research as I struggle through my own project:

out side of a major rebuild, it's a bit tough to get a significant more power out of the 360/5.9 magnums. the stock cams and heads aren't great.

if you want to go just top end, you could add some power with some edelbrock heads, hotter cams with maybe matching intake manifold and EFI. Hedman long tubes are pretty nice too. Only ones that seem to fit between the engine and frame rails. all that is still a lot of $$$ and you'll probably want to pull the motor to get all that done, or at the very least the front core support.

of course, Holley just recently put out a hemi swap kit.....

no real support out there for suspension parts. lowering will take some creativity. putting lower control arms off a dodge van will get the front lower. as well, there is a quick ratio steering box available but will cost you.

enjoy!

OP
OP
T

Tunacaptin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 5.9
Thanks reek. I'll probably just wait till there is an issue with this motor before I tear into it. It runs great right now. I saw some lower arms that have a lowered spring seat point that gives 2" in the front. Not sure how much steering issues that would create. looking at a 4" rear drop via new spring mounting points. probably put air bags for load compensation if needed.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome Tunacaptin and watch yer wallet around here, we’ll have you spending rapidly, repeatedly and sometimes regrettably, Lol.

OP
OP
T

Tunacaptin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 5.9
i get it. i have a small budget right now but hope to boost it soon with next fishing season.