New to lift/level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Well, you guys have convinced me it is to raise my truck up a bit. Now the only thing I need to do is figure out what I'm going to do. First, I'm thinking a front level and fit her with some 33's. Later on move to a 3" body lift and fit it with 35's.
All I need is some help picking out a leveling kit. Other pointers when it comes to lifting will help too!

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
you dont have torsion bars on a 2008. in 2006 they changed to a strut system. you can get spring spacers or the bilstiens that raise up the front.

I have the bilstiens, they are pretty nice and raised my front end up like i wanted, but they were absolutely a pita to install. check the diy section, i did a write up on it. http://www.ramforum.com/f76/blistein-5100-install-2006-1500-a-8064/

rancho also makes a complete strut replacement called the quick lift system. much eaiser install.

Last edited:

Detox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ahh cool, didn't know that about 06 and up. Learn something new everyday =)

Texas Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Keeping the stock wheels? If so you can go with 34's when leveled. It's only an inch taller tire, but it makes a nice difference

OP
OP
N

NickyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Keeping the stock wheels? If so you can go with 34's when leveled. It's only an inch taller tire, but it makes a nice difference

Truck has G-FX OR7 wheels on it. Not really my taste, but they were on when I bought it and imo look better than stock.