New to the Eco Diesel. Wheel question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braxton Dearman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I just bought my first truck. A Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie. It's on Air suspension and stock 20x9 wheels. I want to buy these AEV wheels (18x8.5) with BFG KO2s for winter and offroad. Will these wheels work (The offset is different i believe) and what size tire should I put on them to fit without a lift kit, but getting maximum sidewall and diameter.

https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/mesa-wheel-for-ram-1500/

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I just bought my first truck. A Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie. It's on Air suspension and stock 20x9 wheels. I want to buy these AEV wheels (18x8.5) with BFG KO2s for winter and offroad. Will these wheels work (The offset is different i believe) and what size tire should I put on them to fit without a lift kit, but getting maximum sidewall and diameter.

https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/mesa-wheel-for-ram-1500/

the offset difference is rather negligible. Stock wheels being +19 and these being +13, they will stick out maybe an extra quarter of an inch. You can fit a 35” tire on a leveling kit, stock tire size being generally around 33”, maybe if you stick with anything closely related, since you have air ride, I wouldn’t recommend going up in size.

Google tire size comparison and you can type in stock size and then play around with different sizes especially since you’ll be changing wheel diameter, it will give you all the measurements that can get you close to stock size.

OP
OP
B

Braxton Dearman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
the offset difference is rather negligible. Stock wheels being +19 and these being +13, they will stick out maybe an extra quarter of an inch. You can fit a 35” tire on a leveling kit, stock tire size being generally around 33”, maybe if you stick with anything closely related, since you have air ride, I wouldn’t recommend going up in size.

Google tire size comparison and you can type in stock size and then play around with different sizes especially since you’ll be changing wheel diameter, it will give you all the measurements that can get you close to stock size.

I thought the stock 20x9 wheels had a 0 offset? or at least that is what some websites are saying.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I thought the stock 20x9 wheels had a 0 offset? or at least that is what some websites are saying.

I'm about 99.9% that the 20x9 stock wheels are +19. Perhaps the air-ride is different, but I'm pretty sure it's not. I bought an aftermarket set of wheels for my non air-ride Eco Diesel and specifically got 0 offset because I wanted a hair wider stance but didn't want to clean the side of the truck off every time I went through a puddle.

image10.jpeg

OP
OP
B

Braxton Dearman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I'm about 99.9% that the 20x9 stock wheels are +19. Perhaps the air-ride is different, but I'm pretty sure it's not. I bought an aftermarket set of wheels for my non air-ride Eco Diesel and specifically got 0 offset because I wanted a hair wider stance but didn't want to clean the side of the truck off every time I went through a puddle.

View attachment 211118

Awesome! thanks! So a +13 offset would only stick out an extra 6mm? Or am I still not getting it? ALSO what is the bolt pattern? I see that its either 5x5 or 5x5.5...

Last edited:

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Awesome! thanks! So a +13 offset would only stick out an extra 6mm? Or am I still not getting it? ALSO what is the bolt pattern? I see that its either 5x5 or 5x5.5...

If you’re the 2014-2018 ecodiesel it’s a 5x5.5, if you’re the new body style 5th gen Ram Ecodiesel, they are 6 bolt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963