New toy for the truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which one did you get. Looking at getting the outlaw

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
without trying to sound sarcastic...what's the point of these? Just to have a really loud horn? (honestly, not trying to be sarcastic, just curious)

OP
OP
F

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
without trying to sound sarcastic...what's the point of these? Just to have a really loud horn? (honestly, not trying to be sarcastic, just curious)

It's for the ********* that like to cut you off. And those people who like to text while they are driving. Not to mention the ********* that like to drive slow in the fast lane. Trust me where I live I'll be using them quite often.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which one did you get. Looking at getting the outlaw

I got the conductors special 544 nightmare kit. Don't Waste your money on the outlaw kit spend the extra money and get the better horns. All the conductor specials have the XL horns. Your going to want the 5 gallon tank versus the 2 gallons. 5 gallon tank will give you much longer blast time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome. I want them too but I think I'd be arrested within minutes after installation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I probably will be getting tickets. Lol.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Will love to see how you mount everything up....post install photos. Nice can't wait to hear and see them installed!

SJP_1809

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I sure would like to have these but I'm not sure I can stomach the cost, damn they are expensive.

Hemiluv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummons 6.7 Turbo Charged
I'm in the middle of an install myself. Went with the 228 outlaw we should chat i installed the horn above my air dam in front bumper I had to make a mount between the frame to bolt my horn too. The pump I'm putting in one of my floor storage boxes behind drivers seat and the tank I'm mounting to the frame on drivers side. Can't wait to get this done.

OP
OP
F

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will love to see how you mount everything up....post install photos. Nice can't wait to hear and see them installed!

It's being installed tomorrow. Debating whether to install the compressor and the tank under the truck or in the bed. If I do it in the bed everything is out of the elements and it's going to stay nice. Having OCD is a *****. Lol I was very impressed by this kit it is extremely well-made. Here are some pics of the compressor and the tank just to give you an idea of how nice the kit really is.

Attachments

• IMG_1378.jpg
    IMG_1378.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
F

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in the middle of an install myself. Went with the 228 outlaw we should chat i installed the horn above my air dam in front bumper I had to make a mount between the frame to bolt my horn too. The pump I'm putting in one of my floor storage boxes behind drivers seat and the tank I'm mounting to the frame on drivers side. Can't wait to get this done.

You really don't want to put the compressor in the storage been. It's going to get too hot in there. Those compressors need to be ventilated really well. They get hotter than you think. The XL horns that come in my kit a pretty large they need to go under the bed where my spare went. Which is no big deal seeing how I don't have a spare there anymore anyway because of the tires I'm running. Brackets will have to be made to mount the horns there's four individual horns. This is the set up I went with.

Attachments

• IMG_1370.jpg
    IMG_1370.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
that's great! I know I want to get different horns for my truck not sure on Dixie horns or ones from an older mack/Kenworth

OP
OP
F

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that's great! I know I want to get different horns for my truck not sure on Dixie horns or ones from an older mack/Kenworth

The Nathan's are very nice and loud. They are a little pricey though.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
The Nathan's are very nice and loud. They are a little pricey though.
after owning a town car with air suspension I know the dangers corrosion offers to air compressors lol. so I would pay a little bit more out of pocket to get a better compressor to deal with corrosion since I don't live far from the Panama City coast.

OP
OP
F

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
after owning a town car with air suspension I know the dangers corrosion offers to air compressors lol. so I would pay a little bit more out of pocket to get a better compressor to deal with corrosion since I don't live far from the Panama City coast.

This is why I am considering putting the tank and the compressor in the bed of the truck. The salt out here in Chicagoland area will take a toll on anything. Also I'd like to keep everything looking new. Having OCD doesn't help. Lol

Last edited:

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
This is why I am considering putting the tank and the compressor in the bed of the truck. The salt out here in Chicagoland area will take a toll on anything. Also I'd like to keep everything looking new. Having OCD doesn't help. Lol
lol I hear ya bud

OP
OP
F

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Attachments

• IMG_1381.jpg
    IMG_1381.jpg