New transmission at 23k miles, 8 speed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic with 15,000 and I have a whining sound when in reverse and the dealership told me it is normal. On a side note had the check engine light come on and so I took it it. The crankshaft sensor popped the light. Today they said the oil was old and the wrong filter was probably the culprit. Anyhow I get it back Monday and hope for the best.
This thread is over 4 years old

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic with 15,000 and I have a whining sound when in reverse and the dealership told me it is normal. On a side note had the check engine light come on and so I took it it. The crankshaft sensor popped the light. Today they said the oil was old and the wrong filter was probably the culprit. Anyhow I get it back Monday and hope for the best.

This thread is ancient, i don’t know how you found it. Regarding the whining in reverse, that’s normal for EVERY transmission on the road.

Sent from my Blue Onyx RAM 1500

Michael Peterson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Dodge Ram Classic 1500
Engine
3.6 V6
Just did a search on the site and found this thread. It sounds lounder than usual, but thanks for the heads up.