New truck prices are insane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Yeah, pro sports have turned into elitist rich people's Roman Coliseum spectacle, now. Not like rough and tumble after-work side entertainment of yore. I'm not into fawning over spoiled millionaire mercenaries.

Still haven't seen much movement downward in truck price gouging. It will take all of us not buying, causing an economic recession, to fix this.

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
I was just looking at that but I did find a 2022 Longhorn in Black with Cattle Tan interior, 4x4, 3.92 gears, 33 gal tank, max tow, you name it. less than 10k miles near me for under $50k that's looking like quite the deal if I do say so myself. loaded with every feature imaginable and is about a $20k savings over this exact same build brand new. Given that used car rates are only about 1% higher than new, not an incentive to buy brand new when they aren't lowering the prices any more. Before any rebates, it costs $73k to build it to the same spec. maybe $10k off at any time with a 5% interst and with interest considered, that's a helluva lot more expensive truck just for having something brand new. gross

Last edited:

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I was just looking at that but I did find a 2022 Longhorn in Black with Cattle Tan interior, 4x4, 3.92 gears, 33 gal tank, max tow, you name it. less than 10k miles near me for under $50k that's looking like quite the deal if I do say so myself. loaded with every feature imaginable and is about a $20k savings over this exact same build brand new. Given that used car rates are only about 1% higher than new, not an incentive to buy brand new when they aren't lowering the prices any more.

Too good to be true? Best check history on that one. Crashes? Flooded? Blown engine / trans? etc.

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Too good to be true? Best check history on that one. Crashes? Flooded? Blown engine / trans? etc.
I thought so too, but from a reputable dealer that's in a smaller town in the boonies. Far away from bigger city, 1-owner (built for canadia lol) which could explain the price. I notice when trucks come from up north, they do end up cheaper down here. had a 2017 Limited form Canada. It was perfectly fine so that doesn't bother me. clean history from what i can tell. Nothing when I google the VIN. Usually their listings for days on Copart rebuilt title trucks too.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I thought so too, but from a reputable dealer that's in a smaller town in the boonies. Far away from bigger city, 1-owner (built for canadia lol) which could explain the price. I notice when trucks come from up north, they do end up cheaper down here. had a 2017 Limited form Canada. It was perfectly fine so that doesn't bother me. clean history from what i can tell. Nothing when I google the VIN. Usually their listings for days on Copart rebuilt title trucks too.

Huh. Wonder what a Canada build is.

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Huh. Wonder what a Canada build is.
built to Canada Market specifications so it must come with things like a block heater for example. What makes it a hard sell for a dealer is if the warranty is non-transferrable once it becomes sold in the US.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unless things have changed recently, my state allows you to title one if you so choose, and the value is over $5k. The process is similar to titling a home-built vehicle and will require a VIN to be assigned and affixed (they assign it, you don't get to choose). Anything under $5k isn't eligible, but you can get an affidavit of ownership if you need to prove you own it for some reason. Typically for scrapping purposes, I think. If it turns out to be stolen, the scrapyard has ready proof they acted in good faith that you were the owner.
In TX home built that meet DMV standards for road use not have VIN but owner can apply a OAN (owner applied number) to vehicle and recorded. I always urged people who had other type vehicles to apply some type of number etched into frame in Numerous places and have pics because really helps LEO if stolen and other ID plates taken U have a way to prove ownership. Especially on bumper trailers, or other equipment usually trailered like large generators tractors and the like.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, gonna make Jerry "cry". Wifey (when alive ) and I were gonna try and catch a game (now not for the Cowgirls, Momma (was) Green Bay Fan). But between say middle mezo tickets, at $535 a piece, plus 2-3 hour drive, plus parking fees, and walking, and and..........

Figured a lot cheaper to sit on couch, instead of burn up over $1,200 for a "3" hour tour.
If there were a game I really wanted to watch (there isn't), I might be persuaded to pop for $100 per ticket.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There was just no way I was gonna spend the money that I would need to spend and drive all the way to Jerry’s world to watch a game between the time spent driving, the walk from the parking lot and depending on how close you are the more it cost, and just middle of the stadium Mezzanine tickets are $535 per person. Now you gotta add water or drinks or whatever and fuel to get there and back so for watching a three hour football game was a good $1,200. So what the heck think the couch is better ? I’ve been the one pro football game many many years ago in Germany. Back when there was NFL Europe, I went to Frankfurt and watched the Frankfurt team I think played a team from Spain. anyway it was like 45 marks to get in per person so me and the two kids and wife at that time went and it was worth it. Frankfurt was only an hour and a half away depending on traffic and how fast I drove and mostly I knew the area well enough to go where I needed to go. So about $150 day total if you count fuel and food and everything else but to spend the money they want to go to Jerry’s world no thank you no way in heck.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
If there were a game I really wanted to watch (there isn't), I might be persuaded to pop for $100 per ticket.

I've gotten paid to be at a lot of events, including a Super Bowl. Literally the only way I'd attend, as I wouldn't step out onto my back porch to watch an NFL game, let alone pay for it.

I've paid $100+ to see comedians and musicians, but not sports ball teams. I don't get the appeal, though I've no issue with those who do.

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
built to Canada Market specifications so it must come with things like a block heater for example. What makes it a hard sell for a dealer is if the warranty is non-transferrable once it becomes sold in the US.
my local ram dealer @HEMIMANN said that the vehicle they're selling at this other dealership (keep it secret for now until i find out what they'll do to the listing after I recommended they neeed to mention it has no remaining factory warranty and could cause legal problems for them) originated in Canada and because of this, it cannot transfer the warranty coverage to the US, once imported. The dealership knows they got the vehicle at an auction that imports cars from CAnada into the U.S. They cannot play dumb and say they didn't know the vehicle came in to the US from Canada. With Larry miller Ram in Boise confirming that the vehicle cannot be covered and is a 2022 Ram with 5k miles and no coverage left, I offered to buy the truck for 20% under listing price and they'd be wise to list the fact the warranty is null andvoid for any future buyer. If not, be prepared to face legal circumstances not from me but from someone.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've gotten paid to be at a lot of events, including a Super Bowl. Literally the only way I'd attend, as I wouldn't step out onto my back porch to watch an NFL game, let alone pay for it.

I've paid $100+ to see comedians and musicians, but not sports ball teams. I don't get the appeal, though I've no issue with those who do.
December 2022, my wife and I paid $320 for tickets to see Rodney Carrington - front row. I'll do that occasionally, but not for a sporting event.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
December 2022, my wife and I paid $320 for tickets to see Rodney Carrington - front row. I'll do that occasionally, but not for a sporting event.

Ha, just saw him last month. Box seats, about $100 each. First show I ever saw with an inflatable...member on the stage.