New truck, transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kadkins22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a 99 with the 360 automatic. It has started shifting really weird. Some times it will shift perfectly other times I have to let off the throttle and others I have to put it in neutral and back into drive for it to shift. No CEL is showing and no burnt smell in the fluid. Fluid looks great .Any ideas?

I've ordered the governor solenoid, transducer, tcc and overdrive solenoid and plan to change all that along with fluid filter and band adjustment. Should this cure it or do I have bigger issues?

Thank you

OP
OP
K

kadkins22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also noticed it seems to shift better before the transmission warms up but very sporadic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

GregS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After installing the new parts you mentioned, did it make a difference?

OP
OP
K

kadkins22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes it is shifting a lot better. Only issue now is in traffic conditions at lower speeds (35-45) when I lightly apply throttle it'll jump to about 2k rpm and then drop back down to where it should be. Not sure if that's a separate problem or what

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk