NEW uConnect Update Available! (v13.48.3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cliff p

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Its better to have a new thread for each update since there seems to be different "problems" or outcomes with each update they put out to us.

Having a thread that is version specific allows anyone to go through the posts and *hopefully* find the answer to their question about the version that they are using.

Gotcha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Longhorn All Options
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
Tried it today...seemed to update ok following the steps here...then when I tried to begin Pandora it kept asking me to start the Unconnect app on my smartphone, which has nothing to do with the Pandora at all.

I went to moparownersconnect.com and linked the Pandora account there, and still nothing. Quite frankly it isn't worth the trouble as I will just start the Pandora app on my phone and stream it that way.

This is the best you could come up with Mopar? Flat out terrible...

*EDIT* Didn't know that the Unconnect App needed updating too....my bad...off to try again...my Iphone didn't tell me it needed it...

Last edited:

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Today I could not get the download from the usur_chrysler site. The download manager gets loaded, but the download never starts. However, using the direct link I was able to get the download.
Can someone explain the relationship of this "Mega" site??

OP
OP
B

BigHorn453

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Today I could not get the download from the usur_chrysler site. The download manager gets loaded, but the download never starts. However, using the direct link I was able to get the download.
Can someone explain the relationship of this "Mega" site??

The mega site is just a standard free file hosting service. I have personally downloaded all of those update files on my original post from uconnect directly, using my own, and my friends' VIN numbers.

What you will get from the mega site will be the exact file as you would get from the uconnect update site.

Its more of a convenience of not having to use the akami download manager than anything. Quick, easy download.

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Longhorn All Options
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
Got it working! Pretty nice having Pandora on the big screen...

kaeo56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why does it say vehicles in Alaska and Hawaii shouldn't do this update? An appointment with a dealer is required???

milspecmark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you log into Mopar Owner Connect and setup your Via Mobile Profile?

Here's the link on how to use Via Mobile...

Uconnect® Access | The next generation of connectivity has arrived

Here's a link to Mopar Owner Connect...

https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc/US/en-us/sub/Pages/OwnersLogin.aspx

Log into Mopar Owner Connect, scroll down to "Uconnect Quick Links" and select "Set Up Via Mobile Profile". Click on each of the apps and enter you usernames and passwords, click save and log out.

Make sure you have the most recent version of the Uconnect app downloaded onto your smartphone too. You also have to be logged into the Uconnect app on your smartphone in order for the apps in your vehicle to work. You do not however need to launch the Uconnect app on your phone (there's a "vehicle in motion lockout" anyway) in order for the Via Mobile apps to work in your vehicle.

Thank you, that worked

Cliff p

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
After the update my unit works funky :( anytime my phone connects the head unit switches to Bluetooth audio.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

tommyboydodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just bought leftover 2013 and did this upgrade from uconnect to my truck and my brothers 2013. worked perfectly, no problems. In fact i had issues with the remote start through the smartphone and this update cured it. then My brother took his back to the dealer for tsb,s and such and they insisted his radio needed to be upgraded. he told them we just did it. they insisted we couldnt have done what they needed to do.So they did and When he got home he had a older version installed (13.38) had to reload the latest. the dealers dont all know. keep swapping stories here.

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a heads up, but those of us with the new Samsung Galaxy S4, we won't be able to access the Via Mobile apps right now. I've been told they're working on it.

Got my truck last week, and my Galaxy S4 works fine with Uconnect.

Dan

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed the new update. Noticed the comfort controls are different. Used to have Both heated seats and wheel. Now only wheel. And there used to be a choice of remote start, normal start, or both. Now no choice. Hope it corrects itself after some driving.

Dan

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I will wait to update my 8.4an....every thing is working fine now, even my Galaxy S3! If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it. LOL!

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Wish they had some uconnect updated for the ren media center 430 that's in my 09. I did all the mygig and grace notes but wish uconnect let me stream bluetooth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed the new update. Noticed the comfort controls are different. Used to have Both heated seats and wheel. Now only wheel. And there used to be a choice of remote start, normal start, or both. Now no choice. Hope it corrects itself after some driving.

Dan

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

After a second look at the comfort controls when starting the car, they now have a single check box. to enable it for "all engine starts". Before the update, I had the option of "off/remote_Start/All_Starts". I think I liked it better when I could only enable the heated seats and wheel for Remote start.

Dan

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
I wonder if that was a '14 option? I've only had the option to turn the heated/cooled seats & steering wheel on/off no matter how I started the vehicle. What software version did you have prior to the update?

ramridge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did the update on Friday. 2 days later still have messed up balance and fader controls and has become very picky with the USB and SD card drives. Refuses to play them about half the time. On a brighter note, Pandora and Slacker work great with an HTC One X. Does anyone know of a way to roll back to an older version?

ssxrnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB 4x4 Sport
Engine
Is this update only for 13/14 Mygig? I have a 2012 RT with RBZ my Gig is this an update do able?

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
The new update works great for me - but now I noticed that the volume on phone calls is way down even if I raise the volume to full blast. Anyone else experience this?

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
I thought the new update was great but then I noticed the same balance/fader issue that you're having - and the volume on my phone is way down even with the volume on the radio turned up to max and the phone volume turned up to max. The new apps are cool but it's much more important to me to have my phone volume so I can hear it. I removed the new software update and downgraded back to 13.38.52. Now everything works again and the balance/fader is fixed too. Hopefully the next version of software fixes these little bugs.

Did the update on Friday. 2 days later still have messed up balance and fader controls and has become very picky with the USB and SD card drives. Refuses to play them about half the time. On a brighter note, Pandora and Slacker work great with an HTC One X. Does anyone know of a way to roll back to an older version?

ramridge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just wanted to update that it took about 2 weeks but everything seems to be working correctly now. Bal/fader controls etc are working as expected. The flaky sd and usb drive issues are ok as well. My only issue now is a juddery backup camera image.