New wheel issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wheel shop, have them take the tire off and run the wheel on the balance machine, could be bent, bad,, than than try the tire , if still bad, try different tire, or wheel, wife's Honda, winter tire, they rotated it 180, than 90 degree and it was OK, also it was pulling, so changed to back and it has been fine last 5 yrs.
Looking at your original post, picture, that is stupid amount of weights, make them try a new wheel. It it is a good shop , they will do it, if not play hard ball.

Last edited:

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Out of round wheels is a BIG problem, both oem, but especially aftermarket. Replace them under warranty.

OP
OP
Georgiasport

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought the tires 30k ago from Discount Tire and had installed. I bought the Sport wheels from Realtruck 2 months ago and went back to DT to have them mount and balance the tires to the new wheels.

esquare

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm in the market for new wheels, what make/model are those so I stay away from them.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I bought the tires 30k ago from Discount Tire and had installed. I bought the Sport wheels from Realtruck 2 months ago and went back to DT to have them mount and balance the tires to the new wheels.
Whit 30k miles that changes everything ...

It is very possible that whoever dismounted and mounted the tires on the new wheels could of damaged that one tire ...

At 30k miles on any tires there is the possibility of separation, cupping, out of round you name it ... that and the possibility that it could of been damaged during mounting is very high ...

It is not common to damage a tire when mounting, but it has happened and the fact that the wheel had so much weight on it tells me that whoever was doing the mounting on your truck was not very experienced or a very negligent tire tech.

At this point it could be a number of things and quite honestly whatever shop you take it to now is probably going to just say "it is what it is" ...sucks but it's the truth ..

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
30 k on the tires , so they should be fine, new wheels and it went to hell , so not a tire problem.
You need a new rim ( on warranty) from the guys that sold the new rims.
At 30k on tires they are way passed any kind of warranty.
Guess you could try switching out a couple tiers on 2 rims and see if it helps, bet it will not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357