New wheels, woo-hoo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Finally decided to go out and get some new wheels for the truck. I've been driving around on my spare set for a few months now and the tires are getting a little low.

Went with the Black Rhino Everest wheels and Nitto NT420S tires in a 305/50R20, which is exactly the same diameter as the stock 22" R/T wheels and tires.

Got a great deal from the local Discount Tire store. They were running a bunch of rebates last week and even cut out some of the price on top of that. The wheels and tires should be in later this week.

Also thanks to Matt at Moe's Performance for helping me figure out which wheel and tire combo would work best for me. I totally found these pics of your truck online advertising the VIS hood and they just happened to have the right wheels and tires as well hahaha.

vis-dodge-ram-srt-carbon-fiber-hood-2009-2015-9_zpsvrslzfdz.jpg

vis-dodge-ram-srt-carbon-fiber-hood-2009-2015-11_zpsellszxme.jpg

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I really liked those wheels. I think they will look great with your color paint.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After a couple of months you won't be able to tell what color they are anyway-- :naughty::naughty: (I still owe you that gift certificate for a car wash I think) LOL
Jay

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I really liked those wheels. I think they will look great with your color paint.

I agree. The black and maroon should be a good combo.

After a couple of months you won't be able to tell what color they are anyway-- :naughty::naughty: (I still owe you that gift certificate for a car wash I think) LOL
Jay

That's why I got dark wheels! Hahahaha

I think I've washed the truck like twice in the last year. That's what happens when you put 20k-30k miles on it a year and live down a gravel driveway. Washing it just becomes a waste of effort lol.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Now I just need to make up my mind on a lowering kit...

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Custom coil over so you can figure all the bugs out for me!!!!

Hahaha I think noooot.

It would be easier to just make some mounts and put a generic spring in there than do a full coilover.

I may start shopping around for air stuff... It's just so expensive...

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hahaha I think noooot.

It would be easier to just make some mounts and put a generic spring in there than do a full coilover.

I may start shopping around for air stuff... It's just so expensive...

Will the vette feel cheated on???? I'd go air, the ability to adjust I think is worth the money

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Will the vette feel cheated on???? I'd go air, the ability to adjust I think is worth the money

It's so hard to decide where to spend money these days... If my tires weren't almost done on the truck I wouldn't have bought these.

I need to get a second job.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those will look good! I'm very curious about those coilovers in the lowered section.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need to get a second job.

You could always put on some lipstick and a dress and work the corner at nights??? :roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared: J/K

They will look good.... I'm still thinking of switching to 20's though. Haven't decided yet.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgot to add that those tires will look great! I had that size on mine and they are wide and mean.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Those will look good! I'm very curious about those coilovers in the lowered section.

Yea, we'll see if anything comes of that... The air ride is cool, but the additional cost is a big barrier for me at least.

You could always put on some lipstick and a dress and work the corner at nights??? :roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared: J/K

They will look good.... I'm still thinking of switching to 20's though. Haven't decided yet.

If only it were that easy... :happy107:

I've been thinking about ways to make some extra money. Getting a second job or a part time gig is more or less out of the question. It would have to be nights or weekends and it's near impossible to find a skilled position that pays well with those hours.

I'd like to do some sort of deal where I could work at home and make some cash. Either doing contracted engineering work or making something that I could sell. Either option requires spending money on equipment though, which sucks.

Oh and 20s all the way. They look way better IMO.

Forgot to add that those tires will look great! I had that size on mine and they are wide and mean.

Yea I was torn between these and the Toyo Proxes ST II, which is what I had before and loved. We'll see how these compare.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Side work within the field is always the easiest way to make a little cash... I do it when I have time to do design work or drawings for houses. Depending on you field of engineering you can make alot doing structural calcs for people that need permit plans for additions and home construction

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Side work within the field is always the easiest way to make a little cash... I do it when I have time to do design work or drawings for houses. Depending on you field of engineering you can make alot doing structural calcs for people that need permit plans for additions and home construction

Yea, but I have to be careful not to start a conflict of interest. That's why it's easy for me to do side work on cars, because that's not a conflict with oil and gas.

Also, here's a pic of the wheels installed. I know, I need to lower it. Stop reminding me!! :beatdeadhorse5:

13585001_10208849648312325_3212502354129775716_o_zps0w3nktrn.jpg

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You need to lift it!!!!!! :roflsquared::roflsquared:

what kind of engineering do you do for that industry? I'm not sure if it even translates to a structural engineer. Also if its no competitive or work you do that takes it away from your company I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you didn't sign a non compete agreement.

Hell my boss gives me side work. we get people calling the office that wants this or that done in residential or commercial and its not big enough to be cost effective for the office to take on so he throws it out to us to do on our own if we want.

But auto work is also a good way to make $$$$

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You need to lift it!!!!!! :roflsquared::roflsquared:

what kind of engineering do you do for that industry? I'm not sure if it even translates to a structural engineer. Also if its no competitive or work you do that takes it away from your company I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you didn't sign a non compete agreement.

Hell my boss gives me side work. we get people calling the office that wants this or that done in residential or commercial and its not big enough to be cost effective for the office to take on so he throws it out to us to do on our own if we want.

But auto work is also a good way to make $$$$

Without fully disclosing who I work for, I can only be so specific. Basically I design wellbore pressure control equipment. Lots of structural analysis on components, hydraulic calculations, etc.

The problem is that the company I work for does a lot more than just that, and ANYTHING that competes with my company could be considered a conflict of interest.

But yea, that's the advantage of working for a smaller company, certain things get overlooked because it's a small place. I used to work at a place that let me work on the machines after hours, but not at a big corporation.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea, but I have to be careful not to start a conflict of interest. That's why it's easy for me to do side work on cars, because that's not a conflict with oil and gas.

Also, here's a pic of the wheels installed. I know, I need to lower it. Stop reminding me!! :beatdeadhorse5:

13585001_10208849648312325_3212502354129775716_o_zps0w3nktrn.jpg

Looks good! Just get some 2" lowering springs from Crown for now.