New Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hi , new to the forum .

Had my windshield replaced recently on my 2014 Ram Laramie . It has rain sensing wipers , with the 5 speed intermittent settings , and the auto dimming head lights . The new windshield is Mopar , not aftermarket. Problem now is that the rain sensing wipers works as they should , but the wipers cycle once every time the truck is started. This is something that it’s never done. Also the auto dimming doesn’t seem to want to work correctly . Sometimes I can get the brights on , other times not . I need to check a little further on them . Get on a road where I am not getting any reflections or lights anywhere.

I’ve had it back to the installer , checked all the connections etc , it’s a reputable place , but they can’t find the problems . I’m hoping someone has a solution to this , everything was okay before the new windshield . Been into the evic to make sure everything is turned on correctly .

OP
OP
T

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Is there another forum or section on this forum where I could get an answer , or at least a direction to go on a fix to this problem?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there another forum or section on this forum where I could get an answer , or at least a direction to go on a fix to this problem?
I would contact the people who installed the windshield maybe? I am sure other people will post my truck is not new enough to have any of this so i dont know.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm not speaking from experience with this but it has helped with other electrical gremlins. Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Maybe the BCM or whatever module controls the wipers is in a screwed up mode and needs to be reset. Can't hurt to try. :favorites13:

OP
OP
T

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I would contact the people who installed the windshield maybe? I am sure other people will post my truck is not new enough to have any of this so i dont know.
I have went back to the installer, they checked the connections , which is about all they can do . The windshield is a OEM , I suppose the sensor could be faulty , the only cure would be changing it out again .

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have went back to the installer, they checked the connections , which is about all they can do . The windshield is a OEM , I suppose the sensor could be faulty , the only cure would be changing it out again .
I would un hook the battery for a while let it re set like mentioned above may work you have nothing to lose.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I wonder if there's some BCM programming required so the truck works properly with the new sensors on the new w/s.

OP
OP
T

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I wonder if there's some BCM programming required so the truck works properly with the new sensors on the new w/s.
Is there someone I could check with on that , the installer does not seem to know .

KenR 955

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Up by the rearview mirror, will be the rain sensor. Kinda blueish in color. Look to see if there are any bubbles where the gel meets the glass.
The auto dimming headlights sensor is behind the rearview mirror. Make sure that all covers are on properly and not covering the sensor, even a little bit.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Is there someone I could check with on that , the installer does not seem to know .
All I could think to do is make a service visit a dealer, but if you're like me, that's a very last case scenario unless you have a dealer you like and have a relationship with.

txlaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Worst case scenario.....

If this was an insurance claim windshield replacement then said insurance company should be on the hook to cover all cost...being the shop install to a dealer visit should such action be required.

I wouldn't come out of pocket for one penny beyond my deductible.

OP
OP
T

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Worst case scenario.....

If this was an insurance claim windshield replacement then said insurance company should be on the hook to cover all cost...being the shop install to a dealer visit should such action be required.

I wouldn't come out of pocket for one penny beyond my deductible.
Thanks .,That’s certainly worth a try , yes it was an insurance claim .

OP
OP
T

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
All I could think to do is make a service visit a dealer, but if you're like me, that's a very last case scenario unless you have a dealer you like and have a relationship with.
I’ve dealt with a couple out of town dealers that I liked , nothing local . I may give one of them a call , and run the problem by them .

OP
OP
T

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Up by the rearview mirror, will be the rain sensor. Kinda blueish in color. Look to see if there are any bubbles where the gel meets the glass.
The auto dimming headlights sensor is behind the rearview mirror. Make sure that all covers are on properly and not covering the sensor, even a little bit.
Thanks ,I’ll check that .

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
unhook the Negative Post
the Positive post does not need to be touched

leave it unhooked for at least 20 minutes
it may not do anything, but at least you didn't spend anything but time

Sometimes you will see changes after a couple of trips, ignition on ,ignition off, ignition on, etc.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can you find the settings in your Evic or radio to set this up to work properly ?

nstavros

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I've had 3 replacement windshields. The 1st was an aftermarket, 2nd and 3rd were genuine Mopar with the Ram logo at the lower passenger side. During the install of the 2nd, the installer (Safelite) realized they brought the incorrect model because my 2015 has the rain sensor and auto dimming feature. They had to reorder the windshield to ensure it was compatible with my features. Lets just say, perhaps YOUR windshield was replaced with the incorrect model # that doesn't support your trucks features. And yes, I have a $0 deductible for comprehensive insurance. Dang road rocks always hit my windshield!

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 14 sport, same set up, still the factory glass, but getting chipped up.
You could just run the headlights on manual, but what fun is that?
It should not have anything to do with the windshield??,but I don't really know.
sounds like it does from reading some of the posts.
I would kind of think it is a computer problem? my lights and wipers go mad when I wash the truck. Always done that, truck turned off, but it also has auto door sensors, so that could be setting it off.
Sounds like a trip to the dealer, If you don't trust your dealer, why the hell would you buy a truck from them, I have never understood that mind set , reading these posts