Newb around here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matteo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,

I am a rather new to the Dodge Ram trucks and I was hoping for a few points.

I am currently looking at buying a 1989 Dodge Ram off the local classifieds and was hoping you may throw me a couple pointers as to what i should be looking for in it.

It has a 318 cu inch EFI engine, 8 ft bed, short cab, 2Wd and great body still.

The guy says it could use new tires and probably an alignment. anything i should really look into on this? I am a capable person on the mechanical side so its not a problem to put work into it.

Just hoping for some words from the wiser!

Thanks!

:cheers:

EDDNIE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 1500 DEEPWATER BLUE, 1996 INDY RAM, 2019 bighorn
Engine
5.7 HEMI, 5.9
Welcome to rf. :favorites13:

Attachments

• CAM00279.jpg
    CAM00279.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 35

Egress

Reaction score
Ram Year
03 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT
Engine
Stock 235hp 4.7L/287 V-8
Man… those first gens bring back a lot of memories for me, my father bought a brand new black one with the ugliest red interior, but he was so proud of it. He always told me that it would be mine when I "got big", but my mother ended up crashing that ****, insurance wouldn’t cover it at the time for whatever reason... long story short it was lost to us.

I don’t know much about trucks honestly. I’ve had an s-10, but I’d hardly consider that a real truck.

I also am fairly mechanically inclined although I suffer on the electrical side. I’d say if the price is right for you and something inside you sings then go for it. I like the sleep on it attitude, and if I can’t sleep that night because I’m all excited on the things I’d like to do with "said" vehicle then I go for it.
Sorry I don’t really have much else to really say on the matter, except if you do pull the trigger and get the truck, the cats on this site are worth their weight in pure gold when it comes to support, know-how, and criticism.

Welcome to the RF

OP
OP
M

Matteo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man… those first gens bring back a lot of memories for me, my father bought a brand new black one with the ugliest red interior, but he was so proud of it. He always told me that it would be mine when I "got big", but my mother ended up crashing that ****, insurance wouldn’t cover it at the time for whatever reason... long story short it was lost to us.

I don’t know much about trucks honestly. I’ve had an s-10, but I’d hardly consider that a real truck.

I also am fairly mechanically inclined although I suffer on the electrical side. I’d say if the price is right for you and something inside you sings then go for it. I like the sleep on it attitude, and if I can’t sleep that night because I’m all excited on the things I’d like to do with "said" vehicle then I go for it.
Sorry I don’t really have much else to really say on the matter, except if you do pull the trigger and get the truck, the cats on this site are worth their weight in pure gold when it comes to support, know-how, and criticism.

Welcome to the RF

Thanks Man,

I've been reading most the first Gen area of this forum for the past week since I found this truck. going to see it in less than 3 hours! :)

definitely excited. will report back once I know for sure! I

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley