Newbie Here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul Perry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7 I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Thanks for the add. My wife and I just bought our first new Ram 2500 4x4 with the 6.7 Cummins. It’s our 1st Ram Bighorn, our 1st Diesel, and our first tall truck.

The first thing we did was put running boards on it (short wife), and we’re looking at a bed cover next and some KO2 Tires. We live where it really snows… Alaska.

I do have a question if anyone can lend some input: On our way back to our small town we noticed a light shinning from the ”cubby hole” above the glove box… it ended up being an “upper glove box” light and it will not latch thus staying open; it doesn’t latch at all. When I took it into the local dealer (we bought it in Anchorage 3 hours away) the local dealer said that it would be a month to get it in and they had to remove the entire dash to replace it. This is very concerning, but maybe pulling dashboards on new 200 mile trucks is okay. Thoughts?

Also, any thoughts on snow tires? I liked the K02 on my Expedition, and my son has Duratrax on his GMC Pickup. I’m just not sure the stock tires have the agressiveness for our snow loads.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Welcome aboard!

As for snow tires. Can't compare to Alaska but we get total crap here in the Ottawa/Gatineau valley. We pretty much go full snow tires here, with ice sipes and all for ice and snow traction. Sure a KO2 with the snow flake logo would work but no where as good as a dedicated snow tire.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:welcome:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome!

JJLR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021; 2020; 2019; 2010; 2007; 2006
Engine
5.7 and 6.4 (2019)
Welcome!

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
Welcome!!
My buddy has a 2021 that the upper cubby will latch but when he is driving at night his light will flicker on and off. It seems the switch that reads the door being opened is loose or not adjusted properly. I looked at it but would require me to take some of the dash apart to get to the switch. He decided to just leave it for now and remove the bulb. I'm curious if this is going to be a common issue in the 5th Gens.

As for Snow tires, Michigan snow is probably pretty incomparable to Alaska. But my Toyo M/T's have gotten me through 2 winters with no issues yet.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome!!