Nitrous

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
In a regular cab, the bottle fits perfect behind the driver seat, so it is easy to reach while you are driving. Having said that, I dont recommend using the nitrous spur of the moment on the street. You dont want to run the nitrous unless you have the correct bottle pressure. This means if you are on the street, and your pressure is only at 600psi, you dont want to just open the bottle real quick and race. You would need to let the bottle heat up first which takes about 10-15 minutes depending on how low the pressure is and what temperature the inside of the truck is.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Get a bottle heater with a pressure sensor and you can leave it on

tuned by Jay Greene

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
The heaters that come in both the stage 1 and stage 2 accessory kits are regulated, but I wouldnt rely on them all the time. If something goes wrong and that regulator fails, or there is a bad connection on a wire, the last thing you want is for the pressure to go too high and blow your bottle up. If you are going to run the heater every time you get in the truck, I would still keep a close eye on the nitrous gauge just in case. If the bottle is out of sight, then I would run a nitrous pressure gauge in the pillar.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Check out the innovate PSN-1 it has a pressure sensor that comes with it that connects to the gauge it has a bottle pressure cut off if it gets too low and a Afr cut if it gets to lean pretty neat gauge, it's pricey but is great insurance

tuned by Jay Greene

ladiesman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Matt, whats the most our stock fuel systems can handle?
Im running a 150 now with 2 stage colder plugs, the 200 jet has been taunting me :naughty:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Matt, whats the most our stock fuel systems can handle?
Im running a 150 now with 2 stage colder plugs, the 200 jet has been taunting me :naughty:

I sprayed a 200 on mine 2 weeks ago, and the AFR was still good. I am still running stock fuel pump, rails, and injectors. I'm guessing that my truck is making about 600 to the wheels on the 200 jets, so I'm surprised that its still feeding all that fuel.