No Audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
It has happened twice now. I start the truck and everything turns on normal except no audio comes over the speakers. The phone acts like CarPlay is working and will show it is playing music. Nothing else seems to be wrong, just no sound. Any idea what it is and how to fix it?

Laramie Sport Off Road 8.4 with Nav Level 1 Alpine speakers.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
Try disconnecting the phone and selecting a different source (radio or xm) then reconnect phone. I have issues with car play as well. I don’t think I get this one often, but the one I get the most and hate is when a music app on the phone plays and I don’t have volume control. I have to do the same thing as above. Really cramps your style when your trying to act cool and cruise slowly with the stereo up and windows down lol.

Sent from an undisclosed location in Iraq

gionyc85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had a similar experience this past weekend. I have a 2019 Limited. Because everything in the car is computerized, you have to reset the computer. I unplugged the negative battery cable for approximately 40 minutes. After plugging it back in, turn the car back on and let it run for a few minutes, turn the car off again and turn it on again after 10-15 minutes. After I did that, features I didnt event know I had started working on my Limited. The car works better than before.

Animus72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
It has happened twice now. I start the truck and everything turns on normal except no audio comes over the speakers. The phone acts like CarPlay is working and will show it is playing music. Nothing else seems to be wrong, just no sound. Any idea what it is and how to fix it?

Laramie Sport Off Road 8.4 with Nav Level 1 Alpine speakers.
I posted another thread this morning with the same issue. Clearly a bug of some sort.

OP
OP
Beltsand

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I posted another thread this morning with the same issue. Clearly a bug of some sort.
When I start the truck there seems to be two start up routines, or maybe it skips a routine if the truck only sat for a short period of time. There is a legal warning and an "accept" prompt that comes up after sitting for a long time. Something in this routine has to happen for speakers to work and it doesn't reset until it runs again when it fails. The prompt doesn't always come up.

OP
OP
Beltsand

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Well, it happened again yesterday on a short trip. While driving, started playing with things to see if I could I get it to work without restarting. Turns out, pushing the band button on the back of the steering wheel (the center of the one on the right) the speakers started working. Maybe an unclear input to the controller at boot up that the switch is able to clear?

Billy Bob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone find a permanent solution to the no audio from the radio? I have a 1500 Tradesman Quad cab and tried many fixes from disconnecting the negative batter cable that worked until I turned off the car and restarted. Also tried disconnecting both battery cables discharged and residual and left them disconnected for most of a day. That worked also once until I turned off truck and restarted. Found a TSB #08-028-15 to get the dealer involved but have not yet done that. Anyone out there do this already?

brian42

Military
Reaction score
It's been an issue since the start. I've taken my truck in for this. I have the latest software so no luck on an update.

Every time it has happened to me I've cycled through the bands with the button on the back side of the steering wheel (right side) and it always clears the problem and the audio comes back.

Frustrating but at least it's something I can resolve easily without having to wait it out or replace anything.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990