No high beams with auto high beams enabled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azmp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Alright folks... unfortunately another issue to be solved. I just enabled auto high beams via Alfa OBD, by following the instructions in the AlfaOBD thread. Unfortunately, my high beams are now gone altogether. Nothing happens when i pull the stalk balk for flashing, or forward for on (except now i get a message on the EVIC that auto high beams are enabled).
I have a smartbeam mirror connected with the factory harness, that i added sometime back. Am i missing a step, or maybe another piece of hardware?
Any thoughts?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Alright folks... unfortunately another issue to be solved. I just enabled auto high beams via Alfa OBD, by following the instructions in the AlfaOBD thread. Unfortunately, my high beams are now gone altogether. Nothing happens when i pull the stalk balk for flashing, or forward for on (except now i get a message on the EVIC that auto high beams are enabled).
I have a smartbeam mirror connected with the factory harness, that i added sometime back. Am i missing a step, or maybe another piece of hardware?
Any thoughts?
@Mpgrimm2 might know.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
A bit behind on posts (been helping customers) ...
@Azmp1

What's your truck year, model, trim?

What's your OEM setup? ie, original radio & mirror combo? (did you do a radio upgrade/conversion)?

BuCam/Cargo Cam? (Where do they display?)

What's the PN of the mirror header harness you're using with the mirror?
(& mirror PN?)

Did you reference....
DIY: 2013-2018 RearView Mirror Upgrade & Harness install

OP
OP
Azmp1

Azmp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
A bit behind on posts (been helping customers) ...
@Azmp1

What's your truck year, model, trim?

What's your OEM setup? ie, original radio & mirror combo? (did you do a radio upgrade/conversion)?

BuCam/Cargo Cam? (Where do they display?)

What's the PN of the mirror header harness you're using with the mirror?
(& mirror PN?)

Did you reference....
DIY: 2013-2018 RearView Mirror Upgrade & Harness install

Hey there,
i have 2014 express
originally I had a ra1 with manual mirror (no harness there at all), couple years back, I’ve replaced ra1 with ra2 to get Bluetooth and sourced the mirror with mics, which also happened to have a smartbeam camera, harness I got from dealer and all was plug in play, but at that time I never did the smartbeam, as I didn’t have alfaobd. I no longer have ra2 as I’ve replaced it with aftermarket unit. I’m pretty sure I’ve referenced that thread when I did the install. The harness on is p68207372ac. But on The mirror the only numbers I see is 905-3296 27925-1 which doesn’t look like a on to me. But it’s the mirror with assist and 911 buttons, auto dim, smartbeam and the mics on top.
thanks!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
The mirror harness should be good to go.
Can't confirm any of the mirror info you gave.

Did you see post 9 in the mirror upgrade thread which lists the basic 3 settings changed on my 2013 AND the 6 settings on ngiovas' truck 2015 truck?

Look those over and see if you missed any?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
PS:
there's also a setting in the 8.4 radio when properly enabled via BCM changes to allow AHB to be enabled/disabled via the stalk...
When it says enabled in the cluster, they will only come on while driving above a minimum speed (~ 20 mph I Believe) AND only if the mirror sensor (looks like a camera) doesn't detect any on coming headlights lights.

OP
OP
Azmp1

Azmp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
PS:
there's also a setting in the 8.4 radio when properly enabled via BCM changes to allow AHB to be enabled/disabled via the stalk...
When it says enabled in the cluster, they will only come on while driving above a minimum speed (~ 20 mph I Believe) AND only if the mirror sensor (looks like a camera) doesn't detect any on coming headlights lights.
Got it. So here's the update. You're right, auto highbeams DO work, i just had to test it in the dark and be driving - like you said. Didnt realize thats how it is on this truck, as on my other cars, i can still use them, outside of the auto highbeam function.
However, what doesnt work, is on demand high beam, if i want to just flash them, by pulling the stalk towards me. They just dont come on at all, no matter if auto highbeams, enabled or disabled. Any ideas? Also i dont have the 8.4 radio.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Go back to your original settings and see if it works correctly then. Always a chance that the high beam switch is bad.

OP
OP
Azmp1

Azmp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Go back to your original settings and see if it works correctly then. Always a chance that the high beam switch is bad.
They were definitely working just fine before i changed settings.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
They were definitely working just fine before i changed settings.
So on my wife's Pacifica with auto high beams if auto is enabled you can only flash high beams. Are you still able to flash them?

OP
OP
Azmp1

Azmp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No. thats whats gone away completely. Auto highbeam now work, but pulling the stalk towards me to flash no longer does anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357