No Jack in my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good tip! Roadside assistance/towing on my vehicles was less than $12/yr. I was surprised how inexpensive it was, and more flexible than basic AAA. If you have the upgraded AAA, that's pretty good.

TC Retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ED
Spend 12 bucks a year and get roadside assistance on your car insurance. My 16 grand Caravan doesn't have a spare. Just a compressor and some tire sealer.
Even retired I count my time more valuable than even a 1 hour wait for a 15 minute (1hr + 15 mins) tire change. Besides my father would kick my A** for the though of needing assistance changing a tire...

Besides not everyone lives inside the City limits which is why liberals should never be allowed any control over your life!

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Roadside CAA in Canada is about 100.00/ yr
I have not had it for yrs, until last year when I could get 10% off hearing aids, with a membership, so it was a good deal, even if its strange

Last summer youngest (17)granddaughter changed the tire for a lady on the highway that did not have a clue about changing a tire

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The longer this thread goes on about a guy can't find his 'jack' ...the harder it is to resist making dirty jokes/comments!! :cool: Good thing we're not standing around a campfire, he he...

KC15842

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I PO'd, I bought my 2018 2500 and never looked for the jack until today, yes that was stupid. NO JACK. I'm sure Ram will take care of the mistake.....

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I PO'd, I bought my 2018 2500 and never looked for the jack until today, yes that was stupid. NO JACK. I'm sure Ram will take care of the mistake.....

If you read this entire thread, you will see, that most people believe the OEM jack is almost completely useless other than the extension rods to lower the spare tire.

Do yourself a big favour, be sure to have everything required to lower the spare, test it because they're notorious for seizing and becoming useless, and buy a proper bottle jack or one of those 3-in-one bottle jack, jack stand units.

And again, test it in your driveway before attempting it in less-than-ideal conditions. :cool:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good link. :waytogo:
For 25/26 bucks, delivered to yer door, it's hardly worth trying to hunt one down for a couple hrs at a salvage yard!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good link. :waytogo:
For 25/26 bucks, delivered to yer door, it's hardly worth trying to hunt one down for a couple hrs at a salvage yard!

Provided that you have cross-checked compatibility with your vehicle.

I read a review that described having to grind out the interior of the lug wrench so that it would fit on the wheel nuts. But, for $25, provided the rods work, who cares?

Most owners I know carry a powerbar and deep socket for wheel nuts anyway. :cool:

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Provided that you have cross-checked compatibility with your vehicle.

I read a review that described having to grind out the interior of the lug wrench so that it would fit on the wheel nuts. But, for $25, provided the rods work, who cares?

Most owners I know carry a powerbar and deep socket for wheel nuts anyway. :cool:

The rods work. Used them to lift my spare tire into place. Worked like a champ. Haven't tried the lug wrench part of it, as I usually use my impact on the lugs nuts.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The rods work. Used them to lift my spare tire into place. Worked like a champ. Haven't tried the lug wrench part of it, as I usually use my impact on the lugs nuts.

Thanks for the confirmation. If I had a 2011 truck, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the referenced rods.

I wasn't addressing anyone in particular with my comments, only trying to remind all that just because a device fits 5 other trucks, it may not fit yours.

Unless you happen to know that every spare tire winch on all Rams are exactly the same. I'd still investigate, regardless, nothing personal. :cool:

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was on can amaz and was floored at the markup’s on products up there ,holy $hit do they screw you guys. Do you all have any work arounds , like having someone in the US purchase then ship to you ? Or they figure how to prevent that. Some things cost upwards of 40% more for the same product. Fn nuts.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was on can amaz and was floored at the markup’s on products up there ,holy $hit do they screw you guys. Do you all have any work arounds , like having someone in the US purchase then ship to you ? Or they figure how to prevent that. Some things cost upwards of 40% more for the same product. Fn nuts.

Some prices on .ca are more than double the .com prices. Most are just enough while using any alternative it works out to be a few $ more for us to buy from .com and not worth the grief.

I'm 45 minutes from Ogdensburg, NY where I have a post office box. When the $ exchange rate was a bit better, I would often order to my NY address and save lots of money.

For a period of time, about 2 years ago, Amazon offered a great shipping deal where I could order from .com and buy at the same inexpensive price with the equivalent Canadastan $ and shipped to my Canadastan address very inexpensively.

That feature called Standard Global Delivery seems to have disappeared. Now, when I enter a Canadastan address into the .com site, the price jumps up.

The odd thing is that every once in a while (think blue moon) we get things for the same $ price but given the $ exchange rate, we save about 35%.

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the confirmation. If I had a 2011 truck, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the referenced rods.

I wasn't addressing anyone in particular with my comments, only trying to remind all that just because a device fits 5 other trucks, it may not fit yours.

Unless you happen to know that every spare tire winch on all Rams are exactly the same. I'd still investigate, regardless, nothing personal. :cool:

According to Dorman's site it will fit the following vehicles:
2020 Jeep Gladiator
2019 Ram 1500 Classic
2018 Ram 1500
2017 Ram 1500
2016 Ram 1500
2015 Ram 1500
2014 Ram 1500
2013 Ram 1500
2012 Ram 1500
2011 Ram 1500
2010 Dodge Ram 1500