No name tires from FB Markert Place

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Connie Mack

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel
OK, sometime ago I bought a set of Nitto Graplers's for my 03 2500 4x4 Diesel. I liked them because of the wide space between the tread. Doesn't pick up small rocks, nails, etc. So to save a little money, I ordered them from Tire Warehouse, they shipped therm to NTB shop. around $1200 for it all.

So I was on FB market place, and noticed I can get a mud tire, lots of tread installed for $606.00. I will post picture. I called and got a name Red Mud M/T. did reviews and the people are crazy bout them. So I was sharing my new tires with another talk site and there is always 1 guy that has to be a smartellic and said "You just bought that cheep no named chinese junk that won't last." why you should of used NTB, Discount tire, sears, Sams club, etc. well I just wanted to share this cause I am stoked bout saving $600.00, they are quite, smooth, and we will see how they last.324158260_553885199745379_375899231381927201_n.jpg

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
If you are happy with them and they last more than half as long as the Nitto's you'll come out ahead.

If you can ping back on this post every few months that would help others folks on the forum who might be considering these tires.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think those tires are Red Dirt Road tires made by Kunlun tire co. (China). Lot of tires are made in China. Some of the Chinese tire companies are quite large. They sell more cars in china than anywhere else ...and think about all the concrete trucks and so on? I've been to China several times and most of the cars on their roads are better than you find on USA roads. And owners are finicky about what they put on their cars. And the gov't would make the company take back a defective product too (so no incentive to "knowlingly" produce a defective product).

"Founded in 1970, Double Coin Group (Xinjiang) Kunlun tyre Co., Ltd, under supervision of the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, is a joint-equity tyre company with DOUBLE COIN holding 51% shares, with registered capital of 937 million RMB, total assets up to 22 billion RMB. The tyre Company is one of the foremost leaders in tire technology and tire production, with a broad product range suitable for use in a variety of conditions and applications."

I don't know anything about those specific tires or that mfgr, personally, but, in general, tire manufacturing is a global business. Most well-known mfgrs own multiple plants in different parts of the world ... and any number of plants are located outside the USA (or inside the USA). Tires are also made in Canada, Japan, Europe, SE Asia (Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Korea), S. America, S Africa and some in China. I've owned a few tires which were brand-name tires which were manufacturered in China. The last set I took off my Ram were made in China by a chinese company I'd never heard of ..but a pretty large mfgr. They ran very smooth and lasted a long time. Kunlun quality control "could be" great (or not), there's no way to know since they aren't an estabished brand here. Most name-brand tire companies which have a great reputation here, the Michelins, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Pirelli, etc, have great quality control. But for the other 75% of the manufacturers ...we just have to hope they're doing the 'right thing'. I bought an inexpensive set for my plow truck a few yrs ago which were a name I'd never heard of before. But turns out the mfgr was one of the top 10 manufacturers. They were made in Vietnam and they've been a great tire so far. Not low tread either.

Generally speaking when a guy buys down-market tires there are sometimes a few compromises (not always though). Often one can look at the spec sheet there is usually less tread-depth than a similar set of more expensive name-brand (similar) tires, and a thinner side wall, or fewer plies. Could be as much as 2-3mm's lower tread. But i t's not a 100% thing, maybe yours aren't lower tread depth. Maybe the company's trying to buy market-share to gain a toehold in the USA market??. What do yours have for tread depth? A guy I know always buys the cheapest no-name tire and when you measure the tread depth, it's always pretty low ...ha ha. But here's a contridiction: Often some of the down-market no-name tires I've bought did NOT suffer rapid sidewall dry-rot like yer Michelins/Goodyears and others which use a "High Silicone" compound. They lasted a long time outdoors till they were worn out. So, if that turns out to be the case, that's a benefit right there.

Regardless, they look like a decent tread. Don't overinflate. Put some of the money you saved into regular rotations and checking balance. Once tires like that get out of balance they hop around and the wear pattern is set for life.

I hope they work out great for you. Keep us up to speed on how they run out. :waytogo:

Last edited:

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats! You’ll always have a hater or two. Just like other countries China has good and not so good manufacturing. I have Venom Power tires on my Ram. They are made in China but like the tires you purchased, they are a very good tire. I hope you get good service out of your bargain treads!

OP
OP
Connie Mack

Connie Mack

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel
You all are the best, I am going to copy some of the information an share it those whom don't know or just don't care. thanks again

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Quick question, how did a guy in Texas come up with a Philly screen name? LOL

OP
OP
Connie Mack

Connie Mack

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel
well its not difficult, its my real name. Connie Mack was the catcher for the PA's, Paul Moran was the pitcher. then they named a statium after connie mack, BTW my last name is Moran. I always said , should of played ball would of made more money. LOL

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I like the Bridgestone Duravis R500 HD. Closed shoulder design for phenomena longevity. 1/2 inch deep, and much wider tread spacing to prevent picking up stones. 3 channels instead of four. Super strong sidewalls. You can not get a better tire

18949421_0.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• s-l400.png
    s-l400.png
    192.5 KB · Views: 5

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I been looking for cheaper tires for my Challenger and came across some Chinese made tires that are pretty cheap...i mean less than half price and i am skeptic. They have good reviews but you know. Never heard of Fullway or Arroyo tires but for half price, ill try and find all i can. Tires have gone way up the past couple years.

Was going to put on some BF Goodrich but they have gone from $195 to $260+.

fitz011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Anyone ever heard of Kumho Tire. Most of your experienced tires retailers will tell you these are good quality, high performing tires or at least have no problems w/them.

Kumho Tires runs three manufacturing facilities in South Korea: the Pyeongtaek Plant, the Gokseong Plant and the Gwangju Plant which includes the Kumho Research and Development center mentioned below. There are a further three plants in China: the Tianjin Plant, the Gaoxin Plant (in Nanjing) and the Changchun Plant.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone ever heard of Kumho Tire. Most of your experienced tires retailers will tell you these are good quality, high performing tires or at least have no problems w/them.
Yes I have several friends with bikes that swear by them. I’ll assume they make good motorcycle tires. Hankook and Nexan are Korean tire manufacturers also. Hankooks are on a lot of high end vehicles and Nexan is a popular budget tire. You’ll find many tire snobs on this forum. Funny thing is most major brands have plants in China and/or the pacific rim. Chances are those Michelin’s or Bridgestone’s were made in a Chinese plant. I’m not personally a fan of China but they are capable of making quality products, think iPhones. Nankang Tyres is a Taiwan, China based tire manufacturer and they supply tires for Airbus passenger jets so I’m guessing they make a good product. It’s like the conspiracy theories that tires sold at Walmart are different from tires sold at NTB or Discount Tire. Does Walmart have tires specifically made for them? Of course they do, Goodyear makes their Douglas Tire brand but the tire manufacturers don’t make “cheaper” versions of popular models for Walmart, Costco, BJ’s or Sam’s

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
My son bought Kanati tires for his 2018 2500 and loved them. He had KO2's on it before that and thought the Kanatis were just as good. He paid about $700 installed for 285/60 20's a few years ago.
I will add that tire prices must have went up quite a bit in the last few years. He bought the KO2's near the fall of 2019 and paid $1400. I bought new tires 2 months ago (Toyo Open Country) and the cheapest I could find KO2's for was $1900. I paid $1600 for my Toyos. My son tried talking me into the Kanatis but I wanted a tire I could be sure would last without dry rotting since I only put about 6000 miles/year on mine.
And from what I have heard Kumho are very good tires but I have never had them.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kumho tires, my buddy bought a set off Tire Rack for his Volvo. Says they run out fantastic. He loves them.

I put a set of Hankook Dynapro AT2's on my H3 last fall. They run out great. I was hoping they would be made in the USA (they have a plant here), but they were China-made. I also bought 3 sets of Cooper truck tires last summer USA-made from Walmart), and they all balanced up great w/o very many weights. I had them all Road Force balanced. Thumbs up for the USA tires! I've also had great luck with the higher end Japanese brands like Bridgestone, Yokohama, etc (on cars/suv's). Even the last set of Firestone tires I had on an off-road SUV were fantastic. Not only did they not explode (sorry, couldn't resist!!), they ran amazingly true.

One thing to keep in mind is tires are different even within the same model of tire. When someone says, I had terrible luck with Road Runner Tires (as an example) of XYZ model that were on my SUV, ...bear in mind that smaller tire would be a completely different tire in terms of plies, compound thickness (and probably type), and design, not even in the same mold or possibly plant or country of origin ....than a larger 265/285 tire which you might be considering for your truck.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
If you are happy with them....
I've met very few people that have bought something and later said, "Boy was I dumb for buying that". That's why it's hard to rely on reviews of things. If the buyer is happy, that's all that matters...But I would never buy XX item because of XX concerns. Doesn't make me a hater, just makes me free to have an opinion. OP, enjoy your tires.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My beef with Michelins, Goodyears and some others is they tend to dry rot real quick. That's not from interweb posts, it's my personal experience having owned multiple sets of each. So I tend to shy away from them, even though fundamentally they are a great product that run true. If yer pretty sure you'll wear out your tires in 6yrs, they are a great product to use. Probably the best. But if you plan to make a vehicle a 2nd or 3rd car, they'll probably rot off before they wear out.

The last set of Goodyears I took off my plow Jeep which were dry rotted pretty good, yes they were ~ 10-11yrs old. When the tires broke apart (while plowing) it was on the back-side of the tires which looked pretty good, not the outer side you see (which looked somewhat cracked), nor the tread which had more cracking around the tread blocks. I had 3x Wrangler SR-A's which all ripped in the same inner sidewall area. They were a fantastic tire and perfect snow plow tread while they lasted. The point is, even though a tire may look good in one area, you don't always know ...they could be weak in another spot. But if you see worsening dry rotting, it's time to start thinking about new meats.

Last edited:

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
My new summer tires are Chinese, quite a bit cheaper, the dealer has sold lots of them and been good he says. Largest tire shop in town, ( best one is small, but owner passed away)
My winter tires/ wheels are the best I can buy , Not Chinese, I don't do much driving anymore.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone ever heard of Kumho Tire.
Yup, ran them on my Isuzu back in highschool, and I pronounced it with a heavy C. Never got stuck, bought them used from the junkyard, and after 5 years they still had tread left.