No running lights and Ive tried several things so far!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malibumike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Hi everybody! Quick info about my Dodge. I've got a 2003 2500 that has run over 200,000 miles of vegetable oil thru it and it still runs like a champ approaching 300,000 total miles. Original tranny, original injectors and have hardly had any issues. I do have one issue that I cant seem to solve. No running lights. The brake light work and so do the turn signals. The brake light are the middle bulb out of the three but have a dual filament so it can also be the running lights at night when the headlights are on. The bulbs are good. Replaced with new and tested for continuity with a multimeter. Next I replaced the whole three bulb socket assembly. Didnt fix it. Then I purchased the switch on the dash that turns on the headlights ( the one that should turn on the ruling lights). I also checked the fuses. I did get a fix it ticket and now really need to get this fixed. If the brake lights turn on, I can assume that the wires going back to the socket are good. I did crawl under the truck and inspect the wires and didnt see any issues. This leaves me to believe that the last spot to look at would be the whole fuse black assembly. I do live by the beach so corrosion could be an issue. Wipers also have a mind of their own and turn on every time I start the car. Wiper motor and wiper switched replaced and it did not solve it. A few forum searches a pointing to the that fuse block but cant really test it. Anyone else have a suggestion where to look?

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
test for power at the plug to the lamp sockets. Check for brittle broken wires.