No sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mopar savage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
wondering if any one has had the same problem I have a 2014 sport with the 8.4 inch screen and nav
This morning I go to leave for work and no radio no blue tooth no hands free
I disconnected the battery and once I started it again I had sound for about 10 seconds but I no longer have my phone paired nor can I repair the phone to the truck

Climate controlled work
Map works but don’t have any of my fav locations saved any help would be appreciated

ouch1011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Well, for starters, you'll probably get better responses by posting in the correct forum. This is for the old 2nd gen Rams.

That being said, the initial radio issue was probably a locked up module. Current ICE systems are essentially like tablet computers with fairly complex software and lots of networked connections to other modules for the GPS, Bluetooth, audio amplifier, etc. As a result, because it seems to be impossible for highly paid software engineers to build reliable software anymore, they crash a lot, and rebooting via a battery disconnect is a common fix. If it happens again, the software could be corrupt or there could be a hardware issue causing the software to lock. Either way, it's probably way above the skill level of a DIYer. Make sure your battery is good... Low voltage will cause major issues with modern electronics.

For re pairing your phone, you'll probably have to delete the truck Bluetooth from your phone and completely start from scratch. Disconnecting the battery will have deleted your phone from the truck, so you'll need to do the same on your phone and start over.

GL

OP
OP
Mopar savage

Mopar savage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Lol yeah I realized that about 20 seconds after I posted lol

OP
OP
Mopar savage

Mopar savage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Any way I got into the engineering screen and reset the radio to factory and it seams to be working fine now just need to get the update done