No Sound!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Hines

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic. Stereo worked on my way to work and home for lunch today. When I left to go back to work I hit the Voice Recognition button on accident, I could not get it to cancel. I turned truck off and then back on, now I have no sound from stereo and VR and Telephone buttons on steering wheel do nothing when pressed. Any solutions? Thanks.

Last edited:

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum. This thread has been moved to the correct area, you'll probably get more answers here.

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Perhaps disconnecting the battery terminals will help out, kind of resets the systems. Good luck and welcome aboard.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic. Stereo worked on my way to work and home for lunch today. When I left to go back to work I hit the Voice Recognition button on accident, I could not get it to cancel. I turned truck off and then back on, now I have no sound from stereo and VR and Telephone buttons on steering wheel do nothing when pressed. Any solutions? Thanks.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Roonie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did you ever get any resolution to this? Mine is a 2018 and it has done something similar on occasion. A couple of times it is like the entire infotainment system just does not boot up - whole screen is black and will finally come on after riding down the road 5-10 miles or so. Other times, it is like the entire sound system is muted - but the screen is working. My only solution to this last problem has been to turn off the truck, let it sit for a few moments and then restart. Just kind of frustrating.

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
On the back of your steering wheel you should have two toggles. The left does volume up and down and cycles through your saved presets. The right does tuning up down (I think) and changes the audio input in the middle. Try cycling the inputs through one time. My speakers start working once I cycle through AM on this button. Doesn't work with controls on the center panel, only on the steering wheel.