NonSlip Rear Axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RidgebackBob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gat a good deal on my 2019 Ram 1500 off the lot but it did not have a nonslip differential. I had hoped the stability control system would prevent tire spin. Nope, not too much (it does kick in but not when I need it starting from a stop in rain. I have a blind intersection that is bad with cars going way too fast.) First truck I have had without a non slip. I don't like it. Truck is still under warranty so I guess I will have to eat having the dealer replace it if I finally decide I am that upset. Any thoughts? (I only have 11,000 miles in a year due to Covid restrictions and not driving) so warranty will last for a while.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Eaton tru- trac has just been released for our trucks . You should look into it,they are much more robust than a Oem unit. Mine is to be installed this monday!!!! Hope this is of help to you.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
An open rear diff just sucks in these truck.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate my open diff especially after getting a loaner with a limited slip.

Trutrac costs around 575 and install is around 300.....worth it!

I just need to make an appointment with my installer.

Pic added for funsies. b5320adfcc1260bfd6e781f992189f4f.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will mimic what was said above put a true trac in it. I couldn’t believe they actually started putting open diffs in full size trucks a d was educated inoneof the other threads, I actually stopped buying Jeep Wrangler’s which I love and owned and modded 3 of them but in 2007 they went to open diffs in those also unless you bought a Rubicon or did a special order. That’s why I’m back I need full size Rams and that’s why I bought my Power Wagon.

Scott J Mirabella

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Eaton tru- trac has just been released for our trucks . You should look into it,they are much more robust than a Oem unit. Mine is to be installed this monday!!!! Hope this is of help to you.

Did you get that install done? Was it done at the dealer or private mechanic? Are you happy with the results? Can't stand spinning the single tire whemeveer it's wet.

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same issue but it doesn't have to be on wet ground. LOL

My solution was to simply use what I already have and that is AWD. Works awesome! Give it a try before dropping close to $1k for something that still doesn't give you perfect traction in wet conditions (stock hemi can still spin both tires and get you sideways in wet conditions if you punch it).