Not using DEF in my EcoDiesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KyRamGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel. My first compact Diesel and have 2300 miles on it. I live 4 miles from work and obviously dont drive a lot. The first month I owned it, it used a full tank of def, since then It has been full and not used a drop. I have no loss of power or warnings, and have tried driving it harder and going longer distances. (75 miles out then back, on mountain interstate at 70- 75 mph) Even the dealership is confused. Anyone else having the same issues?

fastgti

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7. hemi
I know weather plays a part in how much you use. What has weather been like?

I was told unless you are going long distance or hauling a lot only keep 1/2 full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
KyRamGuy

KyRamGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Being in NWA (Northwest Arkansas) it's been cool and damp until about two weeks ago. Now it's in the 80's and dry, sunny. I bought it Dec of last year.

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dont know if you actually filled the DEF tank when it was new, but they only come with just enough to keep the warning message off. Some dealers fill them, most dont.

If everything is working correctly a tank of DEF lasts most people 7500-1000 miles.

OP
OP
KyRamGuy

KyRamGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Dont know if you actually filled the DEF tank when it was new, but they only come with just enough to keep the warning message off. Some dealers fill them, most dont.

If everything is working correctly a tank of DEF lasts most people 7500-1000 miles.

Yes. It was completely filled. And filled again as it ran out. (Assuming the gauge/sensor is working properly) I'm swinging by the dealer today to see if they can check the def level vs actual to see if that could be an issue. But 7500-10,000 miles. Humm makes me wonder if the initial def level sensor was reading bad to start and now its reading incorrectly again.
I was told it was a sonar type sending unit and not a float as DEF crystallizes and it would never work if that were the case (float sensor)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio