Nv4500 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edwin Troyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
Has anyone here done a nv4500 swap? I have a question about the adapter plate

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
I am interested in this as well, I have an 02 , that i'm thinking about doing a auto to manual swap

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
SKATULAKI YOU MIGHTgo to 4btswaps.com.
I'm a member over there also . It used to be a really good sight but is sold out. & It's not anywhere as good as it used to be. But I did put a 4BT Cummins 4cyl into my 1972 Bronco about 10 years ago .. It was the best swap ever for about 10 years but someone put sand in my fuel tank .. I've been a year trying to get it running again .
.........I'd worked for Dodge Chrysler for 8 years & I'd gathered up all the stuff to do the NV4500 SWAP into my bronco but it was running with the NP435 Granny 4speed & I've gotten old & for some reason if I get onto the floor I can't get up off the floor for 5 minutes . SO I've just about gave up on doing more swaps . SO I SOLD my plate & 3 NV4500.trans . U-Joints yokes ..clutch & all that stuff . I had it all . but I decided I didn't need to run faster than 50+ in my Bronco so Overdrive was the last thing I needed.
..... for you in an 02 I don't remember how to answer you question about the computer .. But going to a manual I'M thinking your much better off than if you were wanting to go to a automatic .

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
Donor truck.

Did I say donor truck?

Right... donor truck.

Seriously.

IMHO, the guys with automatics should really consider the factory Getrag because its one-stop shopping with the donor. The 727 guys will be able to swap out their 3.07 axles, and a518 guys will need the different length driveshafts.

The guys that are only doing a Getrag-to-NV4500 swap have it a little easier. The truck is already manual shift, and the trans length barely changes. You can buy a rebuilt NV4500, and a kit.

https://www.advanceadapters.com/pro...ed-with-the-nv4500-dodge-hd-29-spline-nv4500/

A 2ndgen diesel truck donor is where you'll find the factory NV4500 with all the parts for direct fit on the cummins. Other nice thing... same truck would have a Dana 80 that can be swapped, and a p-pump if it 94-98.