OBD scan tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m looking to turn on turn signals and puddle lights on some mirrors I got. I was wondering if there was a scan tool/app combo I could get to turn the modules on and I don’t really want to pay the dealer a 100 bucks to do so

AustinT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
unfortunately, to program a control module would cost a pretty penny for a scan tool that's capable. if there is a separate control module for the mirror lights, you may even need the Chrysler scan tool that only the dealerships have.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
unfortunately, to program a control module would cost a pretty penny for a scan tool that's capable. if there is a separate control module for the mirror lights, you may even need the Chrysler scan tool that only the dealerships have.

The mirror lights are controlled through the BCM (the door modules get their config from the BCM). All you need is a copy of AlphaOBB ($50), an ODBMX dongle (~$70) and an Android device. ($50 for a cheap tablet if you don't already have one). No high priced scan tools needed.

-K

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Matthew Smith

Matthew Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The mirror lights are controlled through the BCM (the door modules get their config from the BCM). All you need is a copy of AlphaOBB ($50), an ODBMX dongle (~$70) and an Android device. ($50 for a cheap tablet if you don't already have one). No high priced scan tools needed.

-K
Any solution for iPhones

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Any solution for iPhones

Get a real device?

Sorry, sorry... couldn't resist!

If your primary device is an Apple, your best bet for using AlphaOBD is to pick up a cheap android tablet or phone. A phone would not need to have active service, just a WiFi connection. You can often get a small Amazon Fire for about $50 on sale or a used phone on eBay for cheap. There is also a Windows version of AphaOBD that you can run on a laptop.

-K

mechanicservice6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great scan tool to set the bcm and program keys, vin programming is the icarscan by launch. And I can give a years of updates for all makes and models with special functions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk