OBDlink woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I finally decide to get alphaOBD and the necessary hardware. I bought an android “burner” phone, bought alphaOBD on google play, bought a bypass cable from KAodtech (fast shipping btw). And on a tip, purchased an OBDlink MX plus on the American Amazon (I’m in Canada) as it did work out to be cheaper, even after the exchange. I waited about 3 weeks for the OBDlink (eagerly tracking it on the way). Finally, the last piece of the puzzle arrived the other day. Excited, I tore open the Amazon prime shipping pouch to find the OBDlink box inside. Upon opening the box (weird, the security seal appears broken) I find the manual, quick start guide, and a bicycle handlebar clamp for a bell or light. Nothing else. No OBD module. How on earth does this happen????? It was still in the sealed Amazon pouch. Now I have to wait another 3 weeks for the replacement. Hopefully, it isn’t another bicycle part, or I might just give up.

Novawill72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
So, I finally decide to get alphaOBD and the necessary hardware. I bought an android “burner” phone, bought alphaOBD on google play, bought a bypass cable from KAodtech (fast shipping btw). And on a tip, purchased an OBDlink MX plus on the American Amazon (I’m in Canada) as it did work out to be cheaper, even after the exchange. I waited about 3 weeks for the OBDlink (eagerly tracking it on the way). Finally, the last piece of the puzzle arrived the other day. Excited, I tore open the Amazon prime shipping pouch to find the OBDlink box inside. Upon opening the box (weird, the security seal appears broken) I find the manual, quick start guide, and a bicycle handlebar clamp for a bell or light. Nothing else. No OBD module. How on earth does this happen????? It was still in the sealed Amazon pouch. Now I have to wait another 3 weeks for the replacement. Hopefully, it isn’t another bicycle part, or I might just give up.
Be sure to report it to Amazon. It sounds like the seller may be a scammer. They like to track those things.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
OP
OP
Mark A Baguley
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, I’m really looking forward to using alphaOBD, so I’m hoping it doesn’t happen again