OEM Factory Trailer Brake Controller Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edward Taylor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 bighorn quad cab 6.4 bed
Engine
hemi
Ok following all advice that you guys have given I installed the ETBC today and had it flashed by the dealer.they installed the XHC sales code to the vin? Ok i see the tailing in the EVIC but not in my 8.4 nav unit. Is this normal i thought i saw that it show were the rear camera show I/m looking to do the cargo camera next. All the help would be appreciated.
2016 ram 1500 bighorn quad cab 6.5 bed

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ok following all advice that you guys have given I installed the ETBC today and had it flashed by the dealer.they installed the XHC sales code to the vin? Ok i see the tailing in the EVIC but not in my 8.4 nav unit. Is this normal i thought i saw that it show were the rear camera show I/m looking to do the cargo camera next. All the help would be appreciated.
2016 ram 1500 bighorn quad cab 6.5 bed

I don't remember exactly where it is on the 8.4 since I replaced mine, but you might want to check in settings. You might also need to reboot the 8.4 which I think you can press and hold in the upper right hand corner of the screen to force it to reboot or just let it sit for a while to detect the sales code change in the BCM.