OEM Power Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhaney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
can these be added to trucks that weren’t ordered with them? I know on my wife’s Yukon, there is a switch built into the trim to operate hers and wasn’t sure on the 19’s. Thx

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes they can be depending on which model / version you are referring to.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes, do you have the 12” screen ? From what my dealer tells me with that they can flash so that you can operate it via the screen.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
3d732c468af9cdedf88cbd7fe0d90013.jpg
I’m definitely loving the look of the Sport, but know that what I have is more then what I need lol.

OP
OP
J

jhaney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, do you have the 12” screen ? From what my dealer tells me with that they can flash so that you can operate it via the screen.
No the truck I’m getting has level 2 pkg

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have the steps and the 8.4 inch screen and you can control the steps via the touch screen. PLus I found out that if you are standing next to the door and the steps start to deploy you can wave your foot under the step and it will fold back up.

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
check out the amp research power steps.. I had them installed on mine. They are controlled thru the OBD II port so no wiring splices. When you open the door they activate, close it they fold back up. Can't see them when they are not deployed. I love them.

OP
OP
J

jhaney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
check out the amp research power steps.. I had them installed on mine. They are controlled thru the OBD II port so no wiring splices. When you open the door they activate, close it they fold back up. Can't see them when they are not deployed. I love them.
Link please

dozer327

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if that is true or not. My dealer flashed my computer after getting mine installed, and I don't have any controls on my screen.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
See now that’s what’s wrong with FCA, why is it that all of these dealers are not fed from the same soup bowl ? I can understand it parts wise as each dealer is set up to legally rob us with their markups and I get that. Hence even though I could have found my hood cheaper, shipping it would have been my issue.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
^^^^^^ They all feed from get in your guts soup bowl!!

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does anyone know what brand the factory powered running boards are?
Please don't say "Mopar"; but if you do say "Mopar" then who (sub-contractor) sourced it?

My understanding is that the Ram Box, the spray-on bed-liner, the powered boards, etc are all sent out to be done, by subcontractor(s), a little bit down the road from the factory. Not the factory-proper.

The reason I ask if we can identify the origins of the powered factory running boards is I didn't get them from the factory and now I want them. BUT... to maximize compatibility and minimize the law of unintended consequences (and "Murphy"), and not have some installer do extraneous drilling of my frame, I was hoping to get "factory" powered boards as an "aftermarket" addition. Because the factory pwoered running boards are known good - third party would be unknown territory.

(2020 1500 Laramie Crew Cab Ram Box short bed (5'7") 4x4 btw...)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93