Official Redline SI-1 thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'm going with, "Slick injectors"

Okay you posted the RL2 right when I was typing that.

I have no idea now
I like it, honestly who cares what dave would say anyway. This is the winner imo.

They did put the L in the other product, so I'm thinking it isnt an L but an upper case i.

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After running a full bottle of si-1 your oil smells like a chemical, now two uoas both showed an increase in viscosity, one small one larger by 2 points, so if you visc was 12 it could be 12.1 or up to 14. I do believe this will take more then one bottle, but the risk is noted. Plus, all the carbon it liquefies goes somewhere as well, right into your sump. I'm sure some ends through exhaust, but also oil. So it is a soft suggestion to change oil. However, because of how this works, it is some type of coincidence that the use of this product seams to be most effective in a larger dose then the maintenance dose, so it just seams to make sense to run this at the oil change interval instead of constantly.
Glad you opened this thread, cuz that was a question I always wondered about. So here's another question: how long before the oci should it be run...a week or two? Or longer?

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After running a full bottle of si-1 your oil smells like a chemical, now two uoas both showed an increase in viscosity, one small one larger by 2 points, so if you visc was 12 it could be 12.1 or up to 14. I do believe this will take more then one bottle, but the risk is noted. Plus, all the carbon it liquefies goes somewhere as well, right into your sump. I'm sure some ends through exhaust, but also oil. So it is a soft suggestion to change oil. However, because of how this works, it is some type of coincidence that the use of this product seams to be most effective in a larger dose then the maintenance dose, so it just seams to make sense to run this at the oil change interval instead of constantly.

What's the risk? Increasing viscosity?
Crud getting in the oil?

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
What's the risk of not running it? What possibly has better proven results by many different tests with visual proof? I am all ears for real. We waited a long time to bring this forward, and to be honest I havent seen one single product with the proof we have now. I would love to be wrong, if any product out there can do this better or equal, please post it. Chris fixes results are disappointing and he tried many products. From from my limited world, this is the only product proven to do this, clean the ring section of pistons and if used heavily can clean piston top. My thoughts for what they are worth, I'm not sure cleaning the piston top should be the goal, because that would be a constant battle. I think the WAY this product works is equally impressive to how this stuff melts carbon. The fact it cleans the ring area first is just a pleasant surprise, proven in every test shown this is the case. The edge of the pistons that usually crude up are like new.

So heavy use to me seams like yes risks outweight rewards, as in kyles post of viscosity, he ran a lot of it. But, running a concentrated dose as in a full bottle with a tank, perhaps two as in two tanks in a row, is a way to keep viscosity from raising too much. Of note there is also some anecdotal reports that this has caused fuel pick up issues or clogging of fuel filter from way back, I have not seen anything lately. You have two things PEA in use everywhere not proven to clog anything in fact visa versa, and oil which is also used everywhere as in lucas ucl and all ucl's. So I do not know any validity to this, but it has been reported. I used cases now, 2 cases in the wife's car and my truck in the last decade, I have had no engine hesitation.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Thinking about trying 3 bottles of SI-1 16 oz to 3 gallons of gas on this Civic that I think has coked oil rings if the Kano Kreen soak doesn't work. Borescope arriving today.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Thinking about trying 3 bottles of SI-1 16 oz to 3 gallons of gas on this Civic that I think has coked oil rings if the Kano Kreen soak doesn't work. Borescope arriving today.
Kreen is some real good stuff, did you use it through the gas or sprayed into combustion chamber? I would think that product through chamber will also melt crude.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Piston carbon top is to be avoided as well, as these can produce retained heat hot spots that can cause pre-ignition (detonation) and dieseling. I haven't heard of any such cases in modern times, for whatever reason.

Anyway, it used to be that in-cylinder carbon deposits were a bad thing for that reason, and to be avoided. Old flat head engines were to be disassembled and cleaned of carbon on a scheduled maintenance basis. If you own such an engine, look at the owner's manual and it will include this in the maintenance section. Flathead engines produce more in-cylinder carbon deposits than OHV engines due to their poor flow structure and low compression ratios.

Piston ring deposits are to be avoided to retain compression and not turn your engine into an oil pumper, like the GM 5.3L V8 AFM engines (I owned one such.......a quart of oil in less then 1,000 miles since OCI @ 40,000 miles).

Top Tier Gas was designed to retain engine intake valve cleanliness, they also posted a picture of a fuel injector, but they didn't really get into cylinder cleanliness. The results of PEA cylinder cleaning are unsurprising. The fact that Top Tier Gas has pulled back from many areas is the exact opposite of what is needed.

The general public doesn't give a $hit, which is probably why we're the minority here that cares about our machines running well so we're not left destitute by wrecking these expensive vehicles. We think, not just react like a wild animal.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Kreen is some real good stuff, did you use it through the gas or sprayed into combustion chamber? I would think that product through chamber will also melt crude.
Going to do this weekend because it's my daily driver for work.........will pull spark plugs & keep tops of pistons covered with Kreen for 2 days.

Well I take that back, just did an oil change so will do the next 2K since I have a quart of the HPL engine cleaner in the oil.
Wanted to do another oil/filter change after the soak.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Going to do this weekend because it's my daily driver for work.........will pull spark plugs & keep tops of pistons covered with Kreen for 2 days.

Well I take that back, just did an oil change so will do the next 2K since I have a quart of the HPL engine cleaner in the oil.
Wanted to do another oil/filter change after the soak.

Do we know what the HPL engine cleaner is? I trust HPL - those guys are like Red Line was before they allowed themselves to be bought out by a corporate giant.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
In this case it seams like this product sold by the horrible 66 is the only known product that can do this job. Seams like top tier gas is a bad joke, simple not enough PEA to do what this does. If this HPL company can do this pretty simple, get a boroscope and prove it, but that isnt even designed for the combustion chamber, so I am missing this point??