Official Redline SI-1 thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
I dunno, that was current sds from their site. I actually need another can, so I will know when it is time to take the paint of my synthetic trans oil filter.
Same here, I have a can of Jasco gel that is about a year old that I have used in the past with pretty good results. I have a Wix 57055XP filter that I plan on installing in my 545rfe trans., and will try out the Jasco as a paint stripper on the Wix filter.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Anybody know the chemical HPL is using? @Travis8352 ?

I think Travis already mentioned this, but its a lower dose of the same cleaning ingredients they use in all their oils. The idea is that a sludged up engine should first use their cleaner to slowly clean, as their oils are far more effective and can clog a filter very quickly if used on a sludgy engine.

Once the HPL Cleaner has done it's job for the most part, then the HPL oils can be run full strength. They are far better at cleaning then the actual cleaning product.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Along the same lines, I do believe PEA like si-1 from all of the info gathered the last decade here, you want the opposite. Since you dilute PEA heavily with gas, clearly the more concentrated you can run your PEA, the better the outcome. With the latest test you see "some" cleaning with techron, well my thought or theory is you can replace si-1 with other PEA products so long as you super concentrate it. Instead of running 6 bottles of techron over time, run 6 bottles at once, or something like that, you get the idea. Same thing with si-1, I now know with current info I would never run less then a full bottle with a tank of gas. I would rather run it super concentrated once at the end of the oil change interval, then any other strategy. If I ever get a chance, like a buddy comes over and we boro his chamber, if it is bad shape, run 2 si'1's and see how much more effective it is like this. Because of the oil content of si-1, I wouldnt run multiple bottles, the most I'd attempt is two versus 24 gallons fresh gas.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
The better outcome if you need to clean a system that was allowed to become dirty by not using Top Tier gas.

Otherwise, for you guys with Top Tier gas still available, using that exclusively to keep the system clean.

I am not an advocate of deferred maintenance.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I would disagree with the premis top tier is enough, more testing is needed. Testing with boroscope. We now have 4 examples of si-1 melting away carbon with proof before and after, if any of those vehicles used top tier, the rest is self explanatory.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I prefer to run the Si-1 in my 32 gallon tank as a two full bottle concentration with an empty tank and then top off with premium fuel to 20 gallons.

Run to empty again and then fill with premium, again. Then get my oil changed.
Hence, just before my OCI ;)

I do this three times a year at a minimum as I always run premium fuel regardless, and premium synthetic oil with the RP 20-820 oil filter, too.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I would disagree with the premis top tier is enough, more testing is needed. Testing with boroscope. We now have 4 examples of si-1 melting away carbon with proof before and after, if any of those vehicles used top tier, the rest is self explanatory.

PEA is what is in Top Tier, at a uniform dosing.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
OK

Less talk more boroscope :)

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some information not directly related to using si-1 in our trucks but may be useful to others. My wife has a Ford with the 2L ecoboost turbo direct injection engine. Approaching the 100K service I added a container of Si-1 to a tank of gas the week before I needed to replace a leaking oil separator assembly which is Ford speak for a PCV on the ecoboost. This replacement requires the removal of the intake manifold, thank you Ford. Luckily the intake is at the front of the transverse mounted four banger and easy enough to remove a few hoses and six mounting bolts. I figured while I had the intake manifold off I’d attempt to scrape the carbon buildup off the valves as GDI engines are notorious for caked on carbon deposits. Much to my surprise the carbon was soft and moist and fairly easy to remove with pick tools and compressed air. All the GDI engines I’ve seen in the past had hardened deposits and required specialized cleaners or chlorinated brake cleaner. I’m guessing the Si-1 helped loosen the deposits even though it was only blow by gases over a week long exposure. It didn’t clean the intake valves but made carbon removal much easier than normal.

skates15

Reaction score
My truck has 6k miles on it. I run top gas. From what I'm reading I would put in a bottle to a nearly full tank of gas, run it down, then fill it back up and then do an oil change?

Since the truck has low miles would I do this every oil change or every other oil change? I'm averaging one change a year.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If it were me, I'd do it every oil change or once a year if you are changing oil every 6 mos. I'd be more tuned to have it on a mileage deal then an oil change if you are changing your oil more often then recommended, but I'd always change the oil on the next tank after initial application. But you can always verify results and needs by investing in a horoscope that has many uses.

skates15

Reaction score
If it were me, I'd do it every oil change or once a year if you are changing oil every 6 mos. I'd be more tuned to have it on a mileage deal then an oil change if you are changing your oil more often then recommended, but I'd always change the oil on the next tank after initial application. But you can always verify results and needs by investing in a horoscope that has many uses.
Okay, thanks for this excellent thread and advice. I'm going to start once a year and will do so after the second tank of gas.
Now, to figure out which oil filter to use.

Shawn Burns

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for doing this thread. I've been using SI-1 for two years...wrong! I've added to my hemi and my wife's mazda after each oil change. I will change my time of application going forward.

Question: I plan on sending a sample of my oil to blackstone labs for the first time. Now is the point that I want to determine if I am switching vehicles or keeping this truck forever. I want to make my decision with as much information as possible and to better understand the health of my engine would be beneficial. My present sample would have a bottle of SI-1 run through it after it was newly changed. Should I wait until next oil change to have it tested? That way there wouldn't be any SI-1 remnants in that sample.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for doing this thread. I've been using SI-1 for two years...wrong! I've added to my hemi and my wife's mazda after each oil change. I will change my time of application going forward.

Question: I plan on sending a sample of my oil to blackstone labs for the first time. Now is the point that I want to determine if I am switching vehicles or keeping this truck forever. I want to make my decision with as much information as possible and to better understand the health of my engine would be beneficial. My present sample would have a bottle of SI-1 run through it after it was newly changed. Should I wait until next oil change to have it tested? That way there wouldn't be any SI-1 remnants in that sample.
It shouldnt matter that much, but they don't make anything as good as yesterday, so unless you have plans on buying used, I'd just keep my truck and roll with it.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm curious about what I've read here and elsewhere on the methods used with fuel line additives.

It would seem that everyone agrees that the concentration of the additive is crucial and yet I keep hearing, "add to a full tank of gas" or "run the tank low, add the juice, and fill with XYZ type fuel".

I've used fuel line cleaners annually for years and my protocol has always been to run the tank down to at least 25%, dump in the juice, drive until I'm on fumes and then fill with high-grade gas.

Am I doing something less productive using this method?

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
There's a pile of video's on You Tube on easy ways to clean your injectors at home,if you're fighting a dirty injector problem.

Personally, I go to the gas station on an empty tank, toss in two bottles of SI-1 and fill up with premium fuel (as I always do, regardless).

I run it to empty and then refill with premium. I then time it so my OCI coincides with me changing the oil and filter before the fill up after the initial treatment tankful, is required.

One bottle treats about 70LT of fuel... I've got the 121Lt tank.. so I super concentrate it and fill it. I can notice an appreciable improvement on how my engine runs and idles whilst it's consuming the SI-1, and then for several tanks thereafter, too.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Personally, I go to the gas station on an empty tank, toss in two bottles of SI-1 and fill up with premium fuel (as I always do, regardless).

I run it to empty and then refill with premium. I then time it so my OCI coincides with me changing the oil and filter before the fill up after the initial treatment tankful, is required.

One bottle treats about 70LT of fuel... I've got the 121Lt tank.. so I super concentrate it and fill it. I can notice an appreciable improvement on how my engine runs and idles whilst it's consuming the SI-1, and then for several tanks thereafter, too.
Do you get any smoke on startup when you do this? I get a little smoke at cold start when I do. Clears itself up when I refill the tank though. And I too notice idle and driving improvement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357