Oh they killed the ram box.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They already are... See my post from the other day about how I'm not going to buy another RAM! LOL!

Pastor Bob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Although it is the E-torque, I am glad I got one of the last Hemi's. Sounds like they're doing the same thing as they did with the Jeeps. Yank out a great engine (I-6) and put a minivan engine into it. It's all about the money and building stuff that won't last. Keeps them in business.

OP
OP
F

Forsakentalon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I scoured multiple build options the other night and couldn't find the option any where.

A google search showed said it was no longer available.

Perhaps that was only on the 2500. Or it's just no longer available as an option and they're forcing everyone to buy the limited if they want them.

First one with them I had was a base model ST in 2012.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Perhaps that was only on the 2500. Or it's just no longer available as an option and they're forcing everyone to buy the limited if they want them.

^ Only available in a limited on the HD trucks.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I see it’s still there on the 2500 Power wagon and the 2500 Rebel. It’s still available on the 1500 Rebel. I’ve never been a fan of them, but I wonder why they would pull back on them. It sets them apart from ford and chev, for those that love them.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I see it’s still there on the 2500 Power wagon and the 2500 Rebel. It’s still available on the 1500 Rebel. I’ve never been a fan of them, but I wonder why they would pull back on them. It sets them apart from ford and chev, for those that love them.

This all started with covid shortages, they tried to streamline the lineup. They basically looked at what sold and very few were buying the lower trim HD trucks with ramboxes so they moved them to the limited only. (and PW/Rebel missed those).

I think they are cool but they don't really work for "most" people that buy HD trucks. I would love them but can't live without the bed space and they are not ideal for those towing 5th wheels.

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like they're doing the same thing as they did with the Jeeps. Yank out a great engine (I-6) and put a minivan engine into it.
That's no lie! I have owned both. To Jeeps defense, the 4.0 was heavy and inefficient but they should have waited till the 3.6 was released. The 3.8, bored 3.3 minivan engine, was horrible.

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Looks like the RamBox is still available to order on 2025 Laramies.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I scoured multiple build options the other night and couldn't find the option any where.

A google search showed said it was no longer available.

First one with them I had was a base model ST in 2012.
At least they are not doing away with them. Stellantis has been streamlining the options for years, we first saw it on the 21/22 Pacifica when we bought one. They've been leaning on the Ram's the last couple of years. No flares on the Laramie, no gas motors in the 2 Limited 2500's, etc.

One of the big reasons I came to Ram is the Rambox. I've had them on 2-2500's. Take up no useable bed space for me, still can slide 4' wide plywood between the wheel wells and all that dry storage.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well. There goes my favorite Ram feature. What are they going to do next? Kill the hemi?
Where you been hiding, the Hemi is already dead the last run is in the 2024 Rams. The 2025 will have the in line Hurricane six twin turbo 420 hp engine.

Green_Manalishi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This all started with covid shortages, they tried to streamline the lineup. They basically looked at what sold and very few were buying the lower trim HD trucks with ramboxes so they moved them to the limited only. (and PW/Rebel missed those).

I think they are cool but they don't really work for "most" people that buy HD trucks. I would love them but can't live without the bed space and they are not ideal for those towing 5th wheels.

Mine are handy. Just not a fan of the fitment, but they work well. I don't haul much in the bed, unless its a small load, prefer using a gooseneck or bumper pull for larger loads. I carry enough in them that would necessitate a toolbox in the bed without them, ultimately limiting space anyway.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
They worked perfectly for me on my 1500. Fantastic tool storage without having anything in my cab. Since I'm towing a travel trailer now and the bed still fits a 4x8 sheet of plywood with no issue they work for me. I wish my Laramie had them... but the megacab did give me all of the storage space I needed... so I guess it's still fine for my application.

RickyJ108

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think they are great 2014 hd2500 used for camping one side holds tools the other fishing and camping gear. So I can't fit a big golf cart in my bed we are going with electric bikes anyway. Its a trade off extra bed space for closed in storage.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love mine and wouldn't have a Ram without them. This is either my last truck or I buy used again. This is my only new vehicle in 50 years of owning and driving cars and trucks. Had to do it once!